• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brazilian V6 Restauration and Trans Swap

FireKnight099

New CEG'er
Hi fellas,

As presented in the previous topic, I continue on this topic talking about my project,
this car came to me with the engine and transmission in use, claimed my friend, but since I'm a guy suspicious by nature, I opened the engine to see the timing of the chain, the camshaft and I discovered that they were totally out of point. The engine was never powered up, it was taken to a workshop (sow by signal), so I had to dismantle everything (including the transmission that was also the same story reviewed) and take in a workshop to repair this things. The famous wires that always spoil the injection and the wires from the chassis of the car, I am redoing at the moment I am waiting for the manual trans arrive to take to the mechanic to mount it with the motor .

Attachments

• photo18138.jpg
    photo18138.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo18139.jpg
    photo18139.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo18139.jpg
    photo18139.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo18140.jpg
    photo18140.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo18141.jpg
    photo18141.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
You are converting a 1995 Contour from automatic to manual? Are you swapping out to a different engine or trying to fix the original one?

Back