Very impressed with Paintless Dent Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressed with Paintless Dent Removal

Those of you at Spring Zing may have noticed that the "Beast" had damage to the right front fender from hitting a deer. Amazingly the only damage was from the deer kicking the fender as it ricocheted off the windshield. I took it to a local guy who does this kind of repair and for $85 did an amazing job.

​Here it is before, notice the lip of the fender, up to the painted on stripe, had a dent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1822438[/ATTACH]

After he finished ( took about an hour )
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1822440[/ATTACH]
    Don Higgins
    Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
    http://www.crewchiefpro.com
    1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

We get vicious hail storms more than occasionally here in Colorado Springs, and I've used PDR a couple of times to get 50 or 100 hail dents out of several of my cars. I've always been amazed at the results. After a major hail storm, the auto dealerships will cue hundreds and hundreds of cars for PDR and you can't book a private job in any of the PDR shops until they work through the dealership car backlog.
    When I first moved here in 1992, my 89 Taurus SHO got about 150 dents on the hood, roof and trunk from a hail storm that dropped golf balls on the Ford parking lot for 20 minutes. Conventional body shop quotes were $2,500 for fill and re-paint, and I was looking at months to get into a shop for a week long job. Insurance gave me $2,000. ($500 deductible) I went to a PDR shop, car was perfect in one day, out the door for $400, I bought some nice wheels and tires with the $1600 left over.
    I collect Ford's Red-headed step children.
    1985 SVO Mustang (turbocharged track rat)
    1989 Taurus SHO (supercharged track rat)
    1999 SVT Contour (Sedanus-Grocerygetter-Rapidus)
    2008 Mercury Milan Premier (Comfy boat)

Comment

That turned out fantastic. Cool to see how well they can work that metal back.
      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Working...
      X