No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lifted the hood and smiled at the newly swapped 3L, even thought it still won't start. lmao

Comment

• Got the emissions testing done on the turbo car this past Saturday. Car past testing and as soon as I left the CEL turned on again. Guess I should really change out that O2 Sensor for the P0171 it throws from time to time.
      - 12 Focus SE
      - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
      - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

• Put the cars away for the winter
        2000 se sport SEVT V6
        1991 mustang gt 5.0. mods
        2014 F150 Ecoboost 87 tune 415hp/470ftlbs. 93 tune coming after mods
        2016 Explorer XLT 202A, Dual panel roof, Tow, Nav, Heated wheel, etc.

Comment

• Went to drive the SVT Monday and it wouldn't start. Tried again yesterday and I didn't hear the fuel pump prime ..... have to look into it more still.
          - 12 Focus SE
          - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
          - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

• Haven't posted in awhile. Daily driving a 97 zetec auto, replaced the head and motor mounts and a bunch of other little doodads. About to put my modded 96 GL MTX75 back on the road. Full 98+ leather interior + faux wood installed, picked up an OEM SACHS clutch kit and Ford TOB just installed. Cleaned and painted the subframe since I had it out, new oil pan gasket painted red for giggles, new valve cover gasket, painted the valve cover black, new AC dryer canister thingy. Need to refill the MTX still, put in the axles, bolt up the front suspension and exhaust and then the intake and it'll be good as new at 250k.

Comment

• Just got her painted! Original owner 2000 CSVT.

Comment

• Looking good! Paint looks wet!
                2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

• Looks fresh! Is this Thomas??
                  Originally posted by Swami View Post
                  Just got her painted! Original owner 2000 CSVT.

Comment

• I bought a couple matchbox mondeos off of eBay today! Plan to drill em, paint, & wheel swap them!

Comment

• Originally posted by silverskoundrel View Post
                      Looks fresh! Is this Thomas??
                      Yup, it's me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScotSHO View Post
                        Looking good! Paint looks wet!
                        ​I know, right? But it is totally dry. The shop did a fantastic job for $1100! Crap shops like MAACO wanted much more for way less quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swami View Post

Yup, it's me.
                          well hello :waving: haha

Comment

• Just put an order in with rock auto for strut moog mounts/bearings. I got front links from Ford on the way ( did the rears already). researching struts but I think I'm just going to go with Bilstien B4s. stock piling for the spring. My front strut has small leak after 16+ years and a little bouncy :) . I put centric front brakes on from tire rack, they suck. I hate the feedback from them. I had Brembo blanks with hawk pads for many years but the brakes are limited now for our cars. I'm leaning towards EBC stuff this time.
                            2000 se sport SEVT V6
                            1991 mustang gt 5.0. mods
                            2014 F150 Ecoboost 87 tune 415hp/470ftlbs. 93 tune coming after mods
                            2016 Explorer XLT 202A, Dual panel roof, Tow, Nav, Heated wheel, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swami View Post

​I know, right? But it is totally dry. The shop did a fantastic job for $1100! Crap shops like MAACO wanted much more for way less quality.
                              $1100 dollars? That's amazing. Did you do the prep work yourself?
                              2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

• No, they did all the prep - even had to take the hood down to the bare metal, but she required no body work.The shop owner told me business was slow and that he would rather break even and keep his people working. I believe the "normal" price was about $2500, so I really lucked out with the timing. Look's great, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X