No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have a write up. I would only consider LED lights in a projector. Using them in the stock contour headlight bezel could blind oncoming traffic, and yes I only retrofit the low beams. The high beams are still stock bulbs in the stock housing.: The bulbs I used were these:

https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-EV.../dp/B017M56G08
    2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

• Drove it.... (1st time since early December)
      Mikey
      00 CSVT #1363 Born 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 127k
      99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
      08 F150 Limited #357/5,000
      93 Ford TBird 3.8, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

• I wanted Bilstein B4 struts,looks like that's a no go. One place ( A Bilstein us dealer ) told me maybe 8wks but they would need to call me back after calling bilstein to confirm. I called Eric at B.A.T and he said doubtful on ever getting them, he hasn't had any in stock for very long time. i'm just going with the bat struts.
        2000 se sport SEVT V6
        1991 mustang gt 5.0. mods
        2014 F150 Ecoboost 87 tune 415hp/470ftlbs. 93 tune coming after mods
        2016 Explorer XLT 202A, Dual panel roof, Tow, Nav, Heated wheel, etc.

Comment

• Started painting my wheels last week

Comment

• I got my moog mounts from rock auto yesterday and my b.a.t. struts in today from fedex. Any one know who makes the struts for them ? kinda look like rebranded sachs. hope they work better than they look. Packaging left a little to be desired also.
            2000 se sport SEVT V6

Comment

• Unless BAT has changed the strut I have been very happy with the ones I got years ago. I recommend getting some H&R springs to go with them.
              - 12 Focus SE
              - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
              - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

• Originally posted by BrApple View Post
                Unless BAT has changed the strut I have been very happy with the ones I got years ago. I recommend getting some H&R springs to go with them.
                I was just curious who made them. I agree they have a good rep on here. just me being a little over critical.
                2000 se sport SEVT V6

Comment

• installed the BAT struts and new mounts yesterday. getting the car aligned today. So far i like the ride.
                  2000 se sport SEVT V6

Comment

• Originally posted by silverskoundrel View Post
                    Started painting my wheels last week
                    I'm about to tackle the same project this month. I figured I'd use 2-part epoxy putty to repair some gouges on the edges of the rim and hit them with rattle-cans. What paint and preparations are you using?
                    '95 Mercury Mystique 2.0l GS
                    '96 Mercury Mystique 2.5l GS
                    '99 Ford Contour SVT #1971
                    '95 Ford Contour Electric Conversion (Voltour)

Comment

• Originally posted by giganto View Post

I'm about to tackle the same project this month. I figured I'd use 2-part epoxy putty to repair some gouges on the edges of the rim and hit them with rattle-cans. What paint and preparations are you using?
                      I just used scotch bright & super clean to remove the top later
                      hit the wheels with multiple coats of gloss black engine paint
                      mine had pretty good curb rashes from previous owner but now
                      being black theyre hard to see

Comment

• Had to edit to pic to even see the wheels (00 cougar wheels)

Comment

Working...
                        X