• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Went for last drive this past week. Car is in storage now for winter hibernation, Mustang is next on the list .

flew to Toronto and picked up my 98.5 t red contour and drove it home 2906km in 3 days. Had a great time driving it .

Attachments

• FC705F8F-DD11-4009-A5BE-D7DD2119392E.jpeg
    FC705F8F-DD11-4009-A5BE-D7DD2119392E.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 6
Local CEGers Aussie Ford and contour_r_us helped separate a 114K zetec from a transmission/front subframe today (they did all of the brain power and much of the physical wrenching), one step of many toward getting my '95 back on the road.

Last edited:
Getting the car ready for the 2200 mile round trip to Carlisle. Switched out the Bosal to the Borla cat back. My free to me yellow top optima isn't taking a charge, so i'm going to try to "refurbish" it this weekend.

gotta do an oil change.

Car could use a clutch, but i don't know if ill have time between now and june 1st to do it. Also wanting to get the rear mufflers replaced with straight pipe too. Gotta get the Aussie shade polished up and reinstalled before the show also.

Als ordered a set of PRT aluminum subframe bushings, adjustable exhaust hangers.

gonna be a busy month...

Gave it a bath , inspection is done now to drive it and put the parts hoard on it . Not many SVTC in my city and a 18yr kid saw me and he has a black one and wanted to talk and grab some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_8255.jpeg
    IMG_8255.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8256.jpeg
    IMG_8256.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 8
The idle air control valve was making a god awful racket. I replaced it and it did it again. So i made a block off plate for iac and left it plugged in. Car has never ran better.

I drove the snot out of it on the way to work. About to do the same going home. That's the only way to drive it, right?:cool:

I put the Baer Brake kit on the front and SS lines on the rear , another weekend I will put the front rotors on the rear, just have to notch the brackets .

Slowly getting it back on the road, just in time for winter hibernation. Got my state annual inspection done last month... for the first time since 2019. Passed with flying colors. I've taken it out a couple of times since then; I don't drive much these days. Touchless car wash today... also the first time since 2020.

It turns 25 next week. Build date 10/26/98!

Just completed a front end overhaul - new (NOS) BAT struts, new ball joints and bushings (I think that the best individual ball joints and bushings available from Rock Auto are better than the ones on any of the available complete control arms), one Cardone rebuilt axle.

And a real Motorcraft rebuilt alternator to replace the cheap POS one that lasted maybe 40k mi. Grrr, should have known better.

Always amazing how much better a suspension refresh drives! Now just need rear sway bar bushes to stop that clunk...

Back