No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked a bad day to pull the engine and trans out of the daily.
    http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-us/78388.png

Comment

• I rigged up a new PCV system. I cut the PCV intake tube to give me more room to put a 90 degree outlet for my new catch can setup. This way I can run a catch can of a different type and baffling, plus I can get to it far easier than when it was mounted below the throttle linkage.

​I also put a few more degrees of timing in the tune at higher RPM which resulted in even more tire spin... I will put new front tires on it next week, these only have 10,000 miles on them and they are completely worn out for some reason... ( I know the reason... )

Hopefully next week I will have the new throttle body from Pole, looking forward to seeing how it affects torque.

​I put over 1000 miles on it in less than 3 weeks, a record for me. It will hit 76,000 miles on the odometer tomorrow. Love this car... Nearly 14,000 miles on the new fully built engine and turbo setup.
      Don Higgins
      Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
      http://www.crewchiefpro.com
      1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

• Changed the brake fluid and coolant in my '95 Mystique this morning, then sold it for $2k to my girlfriend's father. I was its only owner since new. Since his daughter has power of attorney for medical decisions, maybe I can get it back in the will. Could I then still claim to be the original owner if I sell it again? Time to change my sig.
        '95 Mercury Mystique 2.0l GS
        '96 Mercury Mystique 2.5l GS
        '99 Ford Contour SVT #1971
        '95 Ford Contour Electric Conversion (Voltour)

Comment

• Getting her done slowly but surely...
          98 Silver 3.0 CSVT #6502

Comment

Working...
          X