• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

(Untitled)

Why would ford put these massive holes behind the SE or other emblems?
6e4b62c87d8836d3a082a437c1ce4816.jpg

No Title

I had bought some wheels awhile back that required some work. One had came loose on the car and 3 of the holes were elongated and one was bent. All need refinishing. I had a friend tig the holes back up, had a gig made to re-drill the holes in the proper position, and bought a countersink bit to re-drill for the lug nuts. The bent one was straightened and I sanded them and painted them. Here are some of the pics. Not the best pics of the after but they were still wet from painting. I'll get them out in the sun where they really pop. I hope to have tires mounted soon and installed on the car along with my big brake kit.

photo16195.jpg photo16196.jpg photo16197.jpg photo16198.jpg photo16199.jpg

Finished installation of the brake upgrade kits and put the refinished wheels on to see what it's going to look like.
500.jpg

My Innovate Motorsports LC-1 has been tripping out with an error code. Tried a complete re-cal today with no luck. Looks like it time for a new O2 sensor. Luckily it looks like it uses a standard Bosch O2 sensor available at Advanced Auto and is cheaper than ordering a new one.

My Innovate Motorsports LC-1 has been tripping out with an error code. Tried a complete re-cal today with no luck. Looks like it time for a new O2 sensor. Luckily it looks like it uses a standard Bosch O2 sensor available at Advanced Auto and is cheaper than ordering a new one.

Picked up and installed new O2 sensor yesterday, everything is working correctly again.

The 'tour was starting a little slow yesterday. Battery tested bad replaced with a new bxt 40 r. Battery was 12yrs old if you can believe it. The stock battery died early from a trunk light that was stuck on. I cannot complain that's for sure. All sate now and charging perfect.

The 'tour was starting a little slow yesterday. Battery tested bad replaced with a new bxt 40 r. Battery was 12yrs old if you can believe it. The stock battery died early from a trunk light that was stuck on. I cannot complain that's for sure. All sate now and charging perfect.

My battery on my SE lasted 10 years, they don't make batterys like they used to!!

Well, Ok So I thought the 98 mystique was killed by its trans and it sat for months before I even considered looking at it.. Meanwhile I bought #0719 blk&tan SVT2k and begin to play with that...Motor spun a bearing in the SVT. :(

In the meanwhile I had ripped the headlight blubs, sail panels, trunk carpet, various other interior pieces,Cig lighter for "2nd cig light mod", Rear dome light out W the wiring for the mod on the SVT.. Tail light bulbs. My accel Coil, K&N filter, two new front tires, brakes/slotted driled rotors.. my entire SAT radio setup, my sony head unit and all 4 door speakers...Had the car in pieces at this point. This is all within the same week mind you...

I do some research replace the "range sensor" on the P.O.S. that is my Cd4e.

It works fine again except for the always present 1,2 bangshift.. so YAY the mystique is alive again! working "normal" I bought it with 142,218..it just passed 155,000 yesterday. I had to then go through and reinstall EVERYTHING I ripped out of the car.. so that was a fun week.. SVT is being rebuilt.. Mystique is the daily.. with the "2.slow and Cd4Everytime I shift I wanna chirp the front tires."

1.jpg 2.jpg I finally installed my tires on the rims that I refinished and put them on the car. I can't believe how much difference in effort of the steering now vs. my other wheel and tire combo. These tires are one size up from my other ones and turns so much easier thanks to the lighter wheels.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 0
Been awhile since I posted. The Contour has had a suspension overhaul among other things..

New LCA's, tie rod ends, sway bar end links, axles, struts, top hats, front wheel bearings, transmission mount, front and rear roll restrictors, coolant tank, transmission gear oil, coolant reservoir, took out the HID's, fitted a mystique rear lip to the back bumper, new tires, replaced the passenger vent, new front rotors and pads and there is more I'm forgetting. She's sitting right at 238k and rides like new now. I got rear ended by a drunk so it needs a new trunk lid and center tail light, destroyed the drivers rocker panel with a jack so I need a new one of those, thinking I might find a cheap parts car sometime soon. I drive this thing from Utah to Sacramento and LA regularly. She was getting a little worn. I picked up an SVT rear bumper, not sure if I'll keep it and put it on when I get around to bodywork and paint or just sell it..

Back