• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

No Title

photo16624.jpg photo16624.jpg Cleaned the dust off of it so it looks halfway decent for cars and coffee this Saturday.

Attachments

• attach1813270.jpg
    attach1813270.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 0
No Title

Inspired by others more professional efforts, I decided to design and build my own rear strut tower brace, but here is the deal: my work space and tool set is extremely limited, I built this with only a hacksaw and a power drill and parts from the hardware store. So it is not pretty nor polished, but it is very stiff and quite functional. As I have only driven on city streets, it is difficult to sense an improvement in handling/cornering. However, the squeaking in the rear has diminished greatly to the point of being almost non-existent - which tells me it is performing its function as designed.

Yes, it is crooked and imperfect, but it is tight. So there!

I have yet to trim a few of the crosses, tighten the gap on the right side mount and replace the carpet.

Attachments

• photo16730.jpg
    photo16730.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
No Title

Yesterday I literally ripped 90% of the interior out of my parts SVT getting it ready to go bye bye for good.. anyone wanna buy an SVT shell?? anywhos, getting parts around to put into the newer SVT :)

Heres what my living room looks like, you can imagine how happy my girlfriend was to learn this piece of information..

Oh yeah, I also ripped out the dash from one car, Ill fix the little bit of lift and install the fresh nice dash in the "newer" car :)

Attachments

• photo16754.jpg
    photo16754.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16770.jpg
    photo16770.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16771.jpg
    photo16771.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16772.jpg
    photo16772.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16773.jpg
    photo16773.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 0
Any suggestions on how to keep this bastard down?

I found a perfect solution to this "common problem" Basically there are little metal tabs underneath these weather striping-strip, they grab onto the rail of the door, you want to pop off the weatherstripping and Identify where this little metal "tab" is attached to the stripping itself... You with me? sorry i don't have pics.. YOU CANNOT MODIFY THE WEATHERSTRIPING ITSELF TO FIT THE DOOR, YOU MUST DO IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND,

Then identify exactly on the metal part of the door-skin itself that the little metal "tab" recesses into, simply GENTLY make this gap a little bit smaller than it appears to be.. in turn what happens is your setting a "U" shape down into another "U" shape. The bottom "U" shape(the metal door-skin edge), you want to begin to close up the top of the "U" so once the metal tab on the weather stripping gets past the edge of the door-skin were you have now made it smaller, it will attach and not let go unless you pry it out...

This may take a little bit of fudging with to get the perfect opening size of the "U" to grab the weather striping, but I assure it its a painless operation :) I only listed this as I just got done doing it as my passenger rear was driving me insane popping up every chance it could :)

You welcome

Got a 1998 Silver Frost E0 from my brother. It had an SE front clip, so, got a Black SVT bumper from the wreckers $30 and put it on. Found out the wires for my fogs tucked away, and low and behold, both work perfectly. Just need to find some skirts now, and it will be 100% SVT again.

Getting ready to clean out all my stuff from my 99 CSVT so that the charity outfit can come pick it up for a tax donation. Posted it on the For Sale forum for $1500 a few days ago and got zero interest. Car is mechanically fine, and Virginia registration is good thru March 2017. So no one cares. I don't have room for it anymore. Was my favorite car ever and hate to think it will get parted out by some nameless dealer somewhere. I guess there's a reason I haven't seen another SVT in the DC area in years. It's a dinosaur. Sigh!

Getting ready to clean out all my stuff from my 99 CSVT so that the charity outfit can come pick it up for a tax donation. Posted it on the For Sale forum for $1500 a few days ago and got zero interest. Car is mechanically fine, and Virginia registration is good thru March 2017. So no one cares. I don't have room for it anymore. Was my favorite car ever and hate to think it will get parted out by some nameless dealer somewhere. I guess there's a reason I haven't seen another SVT in the DC area in years. It's a dinosaur. Sigh!

Getting ready to clean out all my stuff from my 99 CSVT so that the charity outfit can come pick it up for a tax donation. Posted it on the For Sale forum for $1500 a few days ago :fighting4::wtf:and got zero interest. Car is mechanically fine, and Virginia registration is good thru March 2017. So no one cares. I don't have room for it anymore. Was my favorite car ever and hate to think it will get parted out by some nameless dealer somewhere. I guess there's a reason I haven't seen another SVT in the DC area in years. It's a dinosaur. Sigh!

Getting ready to clean out all my stuff from my 99 CSVT so that the charity outfit can come pick it up for a tax donation. Posted it on the For Sale forum for $1500 a few days ago :fighting4::wtf:and got zero interest. Car is mechanically fine, and Virginia registration is good thru March 2017. So no one cares. I don't have room for it anymore. Was my favorite car ever and hate to think it will get parted out by some nameless dealer somewhere. I guess there's a reason I haven't seen another SVT in the DC area in years. It's a dinosaur. Sigh!

Back