• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Just put an order in with rock auto for strut moog mounts/bearings. I got front links from Ford on the way ( did the rears already). researching struts but I think I'm just going to go with Bilstien B4s. stock piling for the spring. My front strut has small leak after 16+ years and a little bouncy :) . I put centric front brakes on from tire rack, they suck. I hate the feedback from them. I had Brembo blanks with hawk pads for many years but the brakes are limited now for our cars. I'm leaning towards EBC stuff this time.

​I know, right? But it is totally dry. The shop did a fantastic job for $1100! Crap shops like MAACO wanted much more for way less quality.

$1100 dollars? That's amazing. Did you do the prep work yourself?

No, they did all the prep - even had to take the hood down to the bare metal, but she required no body work.The shop owner told me business was slow and that he would rather break even and keep his people working. I believe the "normal" price was about $2500, so I really lucked out with the timing. Look's great, eh?

No Title

Back from paint. Got the whole front end done. Now I need to thoroughly clean it!

Attachments

• photo17507.jpg
    photo17507.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17508.jpg
    photo17508.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17509.jpg
    photo17509.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17510.jpg
    photo17510.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Drove my mystique, Sat in my SVT, wept at not being able to use it.. tinkered with putting in my brand nice beautiful OEM Rubber Praire Tan floor mat's front and rear.

No Title

Ya'll may frown on my latest mods but I enjoy them. They entertain

Attachments

• photo17582.JPG
    photo17582.JPG
    485.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17583.JPG
    photo17583.JPG
    913.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17584.JPG
    photo17584.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Finally got around to flushing out my radiator. I figured that after 17 years, it just might be time. :ponder:​ Hell, the coolant was still full and green and it never overheated so what was the rush?

No Title

Replaced trunk struts for the second time a few weeks back. What a pain!

This week I got my new wheels & tires installed from Discount Tire. Wheels are Maxxim Winner 17s and tires are house brand high performance summer rubber.

Attachments

• photo17610.JPG
    photo17610.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17611.JPG
    photo17611.JPG
    986.3 KB · Views: 0
Got my mini sub-woofer in today; a Pioneer shallow mount 8": TS-5WX2002. It's sooOOOooo tiny and cute! It will fit anywhere. Only $85 shipped! I also got an overkill 500W Alpine mono amp to power the baby in case I want to upgrade to a man-sized sub in the future. Or I could easily add a second one for more oomph.

​For most of you it will not have enough bass, but I am just looking to fill out my door speakers a bit. Soon I will be completely soundproofing the doors for better mid-bass and I have a Sony head unit coming in in a few days.

​Currently I have the factory head unit, tweeters added on the front pillars and decent Pioneer coaxial speakers all around.

Got my mini sub-woofer in today; a Pioneer shallow mount 8": TS-5WX2002. It's sooOOOooo tiny and cute! It will fit anywhere. Only $85 shipped! I also got an overkill 500W Alpine mono amp to power the baby in case I want to upgrade to a man-sized sub in the future. Or I could easily add a second one for more oomph.

​For most of you it will not have enough bass, but I am just looking to fill out my door speakers a bit. Soon I will be completely soundproofing the doors for better mid-bass and I have a Sony head unit coming in in a few days.

​Currently I have the factory head unit, tweeters added on the front pillars and decent Pioneer coaxial speakers all around.

Just curious are you putting that 8" in the factory location on the parcel shelf or running a tube? thanks.. I thought about going that kinda route..

Tweeters mounted on the door panels in the rear door panels seem to really help with sound balance(my op)
Be careful how u do the doors because remember water is designed to go into the door and drain out the bottom of it.. just fyi..

BTW i envy how clean and beautiful your car looks fresh paint...!!!!!! ouch!! drool

Hi Francis, thanks for the complement.

I sound-damped the passenger door yesterday after reading so many articles. I must say that I feel it was a waste of time and money. Perhaps having lived with the factory setup for 17 years and having grown accustomed to its weakness - dunno, but it seems to have Iost both bass and brightness. It just sounds duller and I have to crank the volume up higher. Maybe if I was driving the speakers harder it might have been an improvement.

​The mini-sub with enclosure is the size of a large shoe box. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pioneer...ash=item236cf530c0:g:WRAAAOSwbYZXdwuD&vxp=mtr

I might not mount it and just place it behind the seat or on the front passenger seat floor as I drive alone the majority of the time. I will experiment with placement. It is so small that if I had to do it again, I would have opted for the similar model in a 10" for some $25-$30 more and not that much larger. Have yet to hook it up though, so it may be fine for my simple audio needs.

No Title

Today was spent sourcing the dreaded trunk leak.....It seems to be from the drip channel along the weather strip joint(found a few hairline splits)or water is collecting and leaching under the rubber itself. :fighting3:

Attachments

• photo17615.jpg
    photo17615.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 0
Oman, the last two days have been busy. Replaced both rear brake lines from Master cyl, to caliper. LOTS of fun... Had to pull the intake manifold to get access to the lines. So cleaned out all the carbon build up from the upper and lower plenum, along with Throttle body. Did an oil change and flush. New Spark plugs and wires. Re-attached my drivers side skirt. Replaced the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. Detailed the interior. And probably 3 or 4 other things I'm not thinking of now.

Now I just have to repair the leaking power steering rack. Do a full brake job, locate a sunroof cover and switch assembly, then I'll be back to 100%

sold one of my 3 contours last week friday, sold the 2nd one this last weekend, down to 1 SVT Contour!

Last edited:
Back