• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

Unless BAT has changed the strut I have been very happy with the ones I got years ago. I recommend getting some H&R springs to go with them.

Unless BAT has changed the strut I have been very happy with the ones I got years ago. I recommend getting some H&R springs to go with them.
I was just curious who made them. I agree they have a good rep on here. just me being a little over critical.

No Title

installed the BAT struts and new mounts yesterday. getting the car aligned today. So far i like the ride.

Attachments

• photo17662.JPG
    photo17662.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Started painting my wheels last week

I'm about to tackle the same project this month. I figured I'd use 2-part epoxy putty to repair some gouges on the edges of the rim and hit them with rattle-cans. What paint and preparations are you using?

I'm about to tackle the same project this month. I figured I'd use 2-part epoxy putty to repair some gouges on the edges of the rim and hit them with rattle-cans. What paint and preparations are you using?

I just used scotch bright & super clean to remove the top later
hit the wheels with multiple coats of gloss black engine paint
mine had pretty good curb rashes from previous owner but now
being black theyre hard to see

No Title

Had to edit to pic to even see the wheels (00 cougar wheels)

Attachments

• photo17663.JPG
    photo17663.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
Audio, finally.

Back in 2008, after driving out to Spring Zing with a busted tweeter on the front JBL components, I grabbed two Pioneer 3-way 6x8's at the local KZoo Best Buy. The setup has been "good enough" since then.

Then back in 2013, I bought a set of Polk DXI6500 component speakers for my old DD. Never got around to installing them, so they sat in the basement.

This week, I decided that it was high time to throw them in the SVT. I still had the MDF boards from the previous component setup, so everything dropped right in.

Also bought a Pioneer DEX-8800BHS head unit. Really enjoying the Bluetooth!

Next, shopping for a sub and amp. The car has never had one since I bought it ten years ago. Nothing big, 8" or 10" is plenty. Likely going with an underseat or rear deck mount setup.

Just got my '99 back from the mechanic. New starter, new power steering pump and high pressure line, new alternator, and one new exhaust manifold/precat so I can pass my smog check. It all came to $3,700, almost what it is worth, but still cheaper than a new car. Oh, well.............

Just got my '99 back from the mechanic. New starter, new power steering pump and high pressure line, new alternator, and one new exhaust manifold/precat so I can pass my smog check. It all came to $3,700, almost what it is worth, but still cheaper than a new car. Oh, well.............

that's sounds really high

I live in the San Francisco bay area, everything is expensive ( My $80K house is now worth almost 1 mil.). More than half the price of the repairs was labor. Everything on these cars is hard to get to, engine wise. At least it runs well and I like driving it.

I live in the San Francisco bay area, everything is expensive ( My $80K house is now worth almost 1 mil.). More than half the price of the repairs was labor. Everything on these cars is hard to get to, engine wise. At least it runs well and I like driving it.

.amen

Had a custom cat-back 2.5" to 2.25" split, I told myself exhaust would come after suspension, well I lied to myself.

lWTZpfw.jpg

Ln602P0.jpg

Worth it.

No Title

Nice October day. Gave the 'tour a waxing and detailed the interior. Still hanging in there for 17 going on 18 years :cool:

Attachments

• photo17893.JPG
    photo17893.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17894.JPG
    photo17894.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17895.JPG
    photo17895.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Back