About To Lose It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About To Lose It

Hello fellow CEG-er, alright here goes. My car has 245K miles(awesome I know), but here's the issue. Frickin EGR valve pipe is busted or something. I took it to a shop and they said it'll cost $614.00(haha, nope). My husband is a mechanic, crazy busy,he usually works on Chevy, and he didn't know what was wrong with her. So I'm took it to a shop to get diagnostic. The EGR pipe is busted, and the fuel pressure regulator is gone. How hard is this job? Does anyone have a diagram or know where I can find one? Please help.
    I Used To Have A Handle On Life...But It Broke!!!

T-Green CSeSport ***JeLLyBeAn***

Originally posted by iamthesweetness View Post
    Hello fellow CEG-er, alright here goes. My car has 245K miles(awesome I know), but here's the issue. Frickin EGR valve pipe is busted or something. I took it to a shop and they said it'll cost $614.00(haha, nope). My husband is a mechanic, crazy busy,he usually works on Chevy, and he didn't know what was wrong with her. So I'm took it to a shop to get diagnostic. The EGR pipe is busted, and the fuel pressure regulator is gone. How hard is this job? Does anyone have a diagram or know where I can find one? Please help.
    Good luck finding the EGR tubing; which goes from the bank 1 exhaust manifold to the EGR valve. They are difficult to access, and the piping is not available. An exhaust shop might be able to fabricate one, but a junkyard might be your only option.

Don't know the year of your car, or engine you have, but on my 98 with the V6, there are 2 regulators, one at the fuel rail (easy to replace), and another about 6 inches downstream from the rail.

If the car has a v6, the upper intake manifold has to be pulled to get to the regulator. The EGR tube, however is a pain to get to, because the tubing is near the firewall.

Comment

Pm me in a couple of days. I will check the block from my old 2k svt, Might have all these parts still on it. It's at my fathers barn in the corner. Will check when I next get over there. Non-return system? For the EGR pipe; codes or making noise?
      Now driving around in ronssvt's old car Sold on 8/5/2014

Now own a diesel Jeep Liberty for family trips and so daughter can borrow an automatic car.

Comment

yea I probably have one laying around as well.
        98 EO SVT Deleted Cat/Blue Chip in PCM/Foglight Mod/MooseFix/K&N Short Ram Intake

"If everything seems under control, then your not going fast enough"

Comment

Block and delete the egr
          98 Silver Frost
          Full 3.0L
          ST220 intake

Comment

I have an egr tube with egr attached if interested.
            -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
            -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
            -00 BLK/TAN SVT
            NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
            SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

just realized this post is 3 years old?
              98 EO SVT Deleted Cat/Blue Chip in PCM/Foglight Mod/MooseFix/K&N Short Ram Intake

"If everything seems under control, then your not going fast enough"

Comment

Working...
              X