• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

About To Lose It

Hello fellow CEG-er, alright here goes. My car has 245K miles(awesome I know), but here's the issue. Frickin EGR valve pipe is busted or something. I took it to a shop and they said it'll cost $614.00(haha, nope). My husband is a mechanic, crazy busy,he usually works on Chevy, and he didn't know what was wrong with her. So I'm took it to a shop to get diagnostic. The EGR pipe is busted, and the fuel pressure regulator is gone. How hard is this job? Does anyone have a diagram or know where I can find one? Please help.

Hello fellow CEG-er, alright here goes. My car has 245K miles(awesome I know), but here's the issue. Frickin EGR valve pipe is busted or something. I took it to a shop and they said it'll cost $614.00(haha, nope). My husband is a mechanic, crazy busy,he usually works on Chevy, and he didn't know what was wrong with her. So I'm took it to a shop to get diagnostic. The EGR pipe is busted, and the fuel pressure regulator is gone. How hard is this job? Does anyone have a diagram or know where I can find one? Please help.

Good luck finding the EGR tubing; which goes from the bank 1 exhaust manifold to the EGR valve. They are difficult to access, and the piping is not available. An exhaust shop might be able to fabricate one, but a junkyard might be your only option.

Don't know the year of your car, or engine you have, but on my 98 with the V6, there are 2 regulators, one at the fuel rail (easy to replace), and another about 6 inches downstream from the rail.

If the car has a v6, the upper intake manifold has to be pulled to get to the regulator. The EGR tube, however is a pain to get to, because the tubing is near the firewall.

Pm me in a couple of days. I will check the block from my old 2k svt, Might have all these parts still on it. It's at my fathers barn in the corner. Will check when I next get over there. Non-return system? For the EGR pipe; codes or making noise?

Back