• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Non-working heater blower

jstern

New CEG'er
Hi guys,

I have a 1998 Contour SVT, and the heater blower suddenly stopped working. I am getting no power at the blower motor (which works) and resistor. All fuses in the Central Junction Box (incuding #s 23 & 37) are OK. I also swapped the blower relay with the one above it with no effect, but I can feel it energizing when toggling the selector switch. The wiring at blower switch seems OK. I'm getting to the end of my knowledge. What's my next step?

Some fuse and relay junction boxes have failed in their internal sockets for the fuse or relay. Is there heat damage visible in any socket? I used a power tap in my fuse holder for an aftermarket radio. Clip over fuse style. And needed to keep them on the fuse even when changing wiring. I had bent socket clip that contacts fuse blade.

Nope, but I found the problem. I wasn't getting any power at pin 3 of the blower relay or fuse 37. Following the wiring back, I found the 60 amp fuse 3 in the Engine Junction Box blown. Now here's my problem, and I feel REAL stupid. How do you replace fuse 3? The fuse doesn't budge, and fuses 1, 2, and 3 are attached to a plastic holder and I can only pull the holder out at most 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch before it stops. Seeing how parts are getting for the car, I don't want to break anything. Suggestions, please...

Well, instead of waiting for a response, I researched the subject like I should have originally and figured it out. Now fixed.

Back