• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Misfires...cyl 3 5 and 6 wet pistons fouled plugs

allstyle12

CEG'er
Sputtered during startups, then smoothed out after a few seconds. This is how it started.

After a month of that, I started getting misfires.

Plugs were wet. Changed plugs and wires, was ok for about a month, then it started happening again. Fouled plugs...cylinders were wet after a few seconds of running, which was causing the sputtering. Thought it was leaking injectors and or bad compression, bad coil?. I had a lot of nitrous pulls so I thought it was giving up the ghost and was ready to let it go. I also noticed it was losing coolant...hmmm.....

Then, I came across Blue Devils gasket stop leak. Poured it in....and no more startup stuttering, no more fouled plugs, runs better than before! Plugs clean, pistons dry.

150K and it's running like a champ! Just thought I'd share. Stuff works, so if you experience what I just went through, give that product a shot....seriously.

If it rescued a head gasket, even temporarily, that's amazing stuff, thanks for the tip. "Here, drink magic Blue Devil Elixir, make you hard all night."

I used to sell the stuff OTC and I never saw it work once in 5 years.....................................................

Back