• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maniford Runner issues

terryford8

CEG'er
Shop tells me check engine lite (1999 Mercury Mystique V6) means.... i need Manifold Runner Control Actuator Cable..and..I would have to order the whole actuator at dealership $622 Canadian
Would really appreciate advice then i can move on to Wanted to Buy section..thanks doug p Canada

Attachments

• photo17654.jpg
    photo17654.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17655.jpg
    photo17655.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17656.jpg
    photo17656.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17657.jpg
    photo17657.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
You need the entire IMRC, which is only available from a junkyard at least here in the US.

Ok thanks so much..I was surprised Canadian dealer still had the part..almost everything else for our cars..least up here...is gone...Guess I had better check for junker unit before spending $622 on engine with 300,000 kilomeres

Thanks ccingthr....your help led me to these parts.far cheaper than Canada...hopefully the right part...i can ship to my American postal box Thanks
  • s-l64.jpg
    Details about OEM NEW 1996-2000 Contour IMRC Control Actuator Intake Runner Motor 01-02 Cougar US $231.45 oemselectautoparts

Details about Ford Contour Mercury Mystique Cougar 2.5L Duratec IMRC Linkage Rod Lever Bar OEM US $24.99

[h=1]REMANUFACTURED GENUINE IMRC CONTROL FORD ACTUATOR 2S7Z-9J559-AA CONTOUR MONDEO $139[/h] This is electrical part and I don't accept any returns or refunds.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Price includes 100% working, complete (cord, hook) and tested IMRC that will work for years. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In my Cougar I have one of this IMRC from 5 years .[/FONT]

1999FordContourLX Sedan 4-Door2.5L 2450CC 155Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated

No Title

The IMRC controller is the same for all years/models as far as I am aware.

BrApple_ your exactly right _accept this guy in Poland___ claims not SVT engines.As always I feel really luck to have come across the great people that make up Contour.org
With poor health and a bad attitude I was facing a huge bill for OEM part....cclngthr kindly got me started..i realize i need whole unit...then BR jumps in..Thanks ALL!

..anyway......guess i am going out on a limb and order $139 part from Poland seems this guy remanufatures them himself..claims 5 yr life on his cougar.Remanufactured
“100% working and thousands of tests. Remanufactured by my hand” I will get back to members on whether this Polish solution works..thanks all..now into my one man hot tub cus i am aching everywhere after crawling around my car all night...

Attachments

• photo17654.jpg
    photo17654.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17664.jpg
    photo17664.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17665.jpg
    photo17665.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17666.jpg
    photo17666.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
BrApple_ your exactly right _accept this guy in Poland___ claims not SVT engines.

Technically there is a difference, but it is in the operation of the IMRC. The SVT, IIRC, open sooner when at WOT than the non-SVT. This would be controlled by the PCM, which of course is different.

No Title

lets see more of your wheels...! :p

Thanks Francis..my 99 merc mystique with SVT body kit BAT suspension still thrills me..but sometimes late at night 65 yrs old..I dream of Ford Focus RT I was sitting in yesterday but $57,000 Canadian..and with 340 HP I would prob lose licence in a week...IMRC has already shipped from guy in Poland..a GOOD sign....Never cease to marvel how much dirt collects in our Side Skirt covers.Local garage didn't take them off to lift my car..crushed the paint...complained of my car being so low..gd gd gd....Found some clear body guard sheets by 3M at body shop works perfectly to make sure Side Skirt covers stay in place and it can barely be noticed...If anybody knows a Canadian..or an American member visiting Canada...I will give away two brand new Duraflex side skirts i bought before going OEM I am near Ottawa Canada Another "benefit" of getting old..can only change two snow tires at a time...to cheap to give money to Canadian Tire to change them

Attachments

• photo17667.jpg
    photo17667.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo17668.jpg
    photo17668.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1
  • photo17669.jpg
    photo17669.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo17670.jpg
    photo17670.jpg