• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

having trouble with my vents blowing correctly

I don't know behind the dash of my car & was hoping someone could point me in a direction.
The car is a 1999 SE? contour I believe. Its a 2.0 & when I bought the car the floor setting
wouldn't work at all. I drove the car for 2ish years & now its stuck on defrost setting.
The air will only blow out of the top of the dash under the window & sometimes it'll come
through the floor setting. I was just hoping someone could point me at a culprit.
Thanks in advance for input.

you have a vacuum leak going to the controller. best place to start is the control cylinder that is next to the gas pedal. Check the connection to the control itself. And check the feed from the engine bay.

you have a vacuum leak going to the controller. best place to start is the control cylinder that is next to the gas pedal. Check the connection to the control itself. And check the feed from the engine bay.

when this started happening I checked a vacuum line under the hood for leaks but I didn't make it much farther into the car as I could only find that about the line under the hood. ill check by the pedal this evening for the cylinder connections

I had a sec to go out and take a gander. the little metal canister had from what I could see two lines going to it one red and one yellow I believe? they where both connected and visually looked fine but that's all I was able to do was look at them and gave them a quick wiggle. they stayed attached

I made another discovery. there was a blue vacuum line just hanging down behind the radio it was actually back behind the small backboard to the drink holders. im not sure where it goes but the line is sucking. when I started my car and turned the vents on it was sucking on the tip of my thumb

No Title

Well I feel like a jackass. I found my problem. The little blue hose connected to that controller and it had gotten knocked off somewhere somehow

Attachments

• photo17687.JPG
    photo17687.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 0
Back