• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/C straight to defrost😥

BDPSVT

New CEG'er
Hey guys I've been on this site for a long time and first I just wanna say thanks for all the help. I don't post much but def use this site for all the issues I'm sure we all deal with.

On to the issue. I recently had the plugs and wires changed and as you guessed the first time I tried using the air it only came out of the defroster. I checked behind the dash and everything is connected so I'm guessing the issue is in the engine bay. I've searched the site and seen the related posts but I'm really not sure where to start or what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to avoid the mechanic because every time I fix something, something else goes wrong. I know I know 17 year old car but hey I love it like you all do. I live in NYC and haven't seen an svt in years so no one to ask for advice😀

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

The HVAC blend door is controlled by engine vacuum. IIRC there is a gray line near the firewall, in the area of the coil pack that feeds this. Check for that line, it most likely was broken when the plugs where changed.

Thanks for the help. This has to be the tightest engine compartment ever. I've looked for that line with no success. All I can find are the lines behind the intake and they all seem secure. I hear a hissing sound on the left side of the motor near the firewall. Could that be where the leak is. Where do the vacuum lines pass through the firewall?

Thanks for the help. This has to be the tightest engine compartment ever. I've looked for that line with no success. All I can find are the lines behind the intake and they all seem secure. I hear a hissing sound on the left side of the motor near the firewall. Could that be where the leak is. Where do the vacuum lines pass through the firewall?

Yes that sounds correct, if your able to remove your Upper intake manifold that will give u a better clear view of the lines you are seeking. standing infront of the car it will be on the backside of engine, passenger side.. again removing the UIM will make this much easy, hell it's almost impossible to access without removing it!!

Back