• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Welp, Im not one for asking for help, but....

Arachnid

CEG'er
I have a problem.

Just to start, with, Im a starving artist(a diplomatic way of saying, unemployed), so I need a fix, even if temporary to get by and hopefully pass an impending sniff test in November.

Now, the problem is the smaller(return/vent?) tube on the filler pipe has as always, rotted to buggery, right at the spot where its welded to the filler about 6in or so from the top(which still looks usable, but obviously hard to reach)so I think/assume this is the reason for the P0455 code?

Is it possible to sleeve the usable lower section and run it somewhere else, or splice with a Tee fitting it this other rubber hose that seems to attach up at the top, or just sleeve it and block it off?

I know its 'only' $214cdn(plus shipping etc)from rockauto, but I simply do not have the money right now, and im pretty much boned until i can get a job again, or get some photographic work/craft sales coming in......which leaves me in a corner of needing a car, but needing to get it to pass so i can get to jobs, interviews, etc. :frown:

The photo shows roughly where the smaller tube is rotted away, just below the weld used to hold it to the filler, but the top is still attached to the weld, so i cant slip a hose over that part and clamp it.

Attachments

• photo17853.jpg
    photo17853.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
what year car is it? I have one of these used that is rust free that I could sell you at a fraction of the price that rockauto has it listed for. Pm me if interested,.

Simply cut the welded part out of the tube and go in with rubber hose and clamps skipping the welded part by bypassing it with the rubber hose............not rocket science there. You'll need to remove the entire assembly of course. I could fix that for maybe $10............

Back