• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P0122 and p1519

2003svtfreak

CEG'er
Hey everyone been getting these two codes p0122 tps voltage low and p1519 imrc stuck closed on my 98 svtc. Imrc works perfectly when reving the engine in the driveway and the tps is brand new. I'm thinking there probably is a ground issue on that harness because they both run together. Just want to know if any has dealt with this same issue or know where exactly the ground wire is on that harness? I have the uim off already and going to start digging in tomorrow. Any and all help is appreciated.

I have dealt with the IMRC until I bought a new one, they tend to fail when the signal to the computer fails and that is the sensor in the IMRC is stuck. The way to test it is have a high end scanner where you can command the IMRC to open up to see if the signal to the computer is present when it opens.

The grounds typically are by the firewall for engine harness and sensor grounding. I would do a resistance test and ping the wiring to see if there is excess resistance somewhere.

I have dealt with the IMRC until I bought a new one, they tend to fail when the signal to the computer fails and that is the sensor in the IMRC is stuck. The way to test it is have a high end scanner where you can command the IMRC to open up to see if the signal to the computer is present when it opens.

The grounds typically are by the firewall for engine harness and sensor grounding. I would do a resistance test and ping the wiring to see if there is excess resistance somewhere.

Ok going to install a few new grounds to see if that helps and my fuse box just floating around and not being bolted down probably doesn't help either lol

Ok going to install a few new grounds to see if that helps and my fuse box just floating around and not being bolted down probably doesn't help either lol

Check under the battery. There are 2 separate grounds from the junction box that are connected to the body there; and they do break. The basic ECU grounding however is near the firewall.

Check under the battery. There are 2 separate grounds from the junction box that are connected to the body there; and they do break. The basic ECU grounding however is near the firewall.

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out and report back

Back