• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No crank need help

2003svtfreak

CEG'er
So I bought a 98 svtc recently and it was running and driving had some issues and check engine lights but over all ran good. So i decided to redo the harness myself and the harness was in good shape to my surprise only had to fix fan ground and iat2 sensor. I tore the intake manifold down and cleaned everything injector harness was also good. So long story short i put everything back together and the car doesn't crank.... battery is good, starter and solenoid is good because I jumped the hot wire and it cranked fine and ran. I bypassed the clutch safety switch and still no start. When I do jump the grey wire from the fuse box to the starter car cranks and runs fine. I tested the wire when I crank as well it just doesn't get juice but I hear the starter relay click so I'm kinda searching for another option or sensor I might have overlooked that could be causing the car to not give juice to the starter solenoid??? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

So I was testing the inputs at the relay and im not getting signal from the ignition. The igniton was working before the rewiring though. I'm gonna test it at the let tomorrow. If it's working at the key and not at the box then I have a bad wire. We shall see

Go back and ensure that the 3 large harness connectors on the rear value cover on the passenger side are connected. May need pliers or something similar to ensure they are connected.

Ok so everything is hooked up.correctly and have have power going into the fuse box from the ignition when it turned (grey/white) wire. But the power doesn't get to the relay. So I believe my fuse box is toast. So my fix was to install a starter switch and i put it under the knee panel on the drivers side. Added theft deturant and looks pretty cool. Never seen a fuse box go bad but with thses cars anything is possible.

Back