X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pedal to the floor, no visible fluid leaks

Hi guys, like the title says, overnight my brake pedal went from a normal 'biting' position, to going to the floor today. The reservoir was low but not empty. I cant see any leaks coming form the calipers or any bad brake lines. The only other place i think the fluid could be going is the booster. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue or more experience with it.

I'm about to bleed the brakes so see if it changes anything.

Thanks
    2000 CSVT, Black and Tan, #0801

If you have so visible leaks then your probably right about the fluid leaking into the booster. It may be that the seal on the back of the master is bad or the seals in the master are bad.
    Looks like time for a new master.
    '00' SVT Contour
    '87' VW ITA 16V Scirocco race car

"Drag racing is for those drivers who can't brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Thanks, just wanted a second opinion before i start taking things apart.
      2000 CSVT, Black and Tan, #0801

Comment

Be sure you check near the fuel tank where the lines typically rust through (like mine did).
        -'98 Toreador Red CSVT
        -Some quick SUVs

Comment

Originally posted by svtbuckeye11 View Post
          hi guys, like the title says, overnight my brake pedal went from a normal 'biting' position, to going to the floor today. The reservoir was low but not empty. I cant see any leaks coming form the calipers or any bad brake lines. The only other place i think the fluid could be going is the booster. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue or more experience with it.

I'm about to bleed the brakes so see if it changes anything.

Thanks
          pm sent

Comment

Working...
          X