New Member (for a second time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member (for a second time)

Hello everyone, I used to be a member on here several years ago but I couldn't get logged on to my old account so I made a new one. I have a 98 SVT that was my daily driver for years until I found out it was rusted beyond repair, it was a Chicago car most of its life and that road salt took its toll on the car. I replaced it with another car but I always missed it, I have a plan for the old car, but that's a topic for another thread. Anyway it's good to be back I look forward to learning from you knowledgeable folks just like old times

Welcome back. Things are quiet here on CEG. Damn Facebooks.

So you're getting your old car back?
    2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

Thank you, good to be back. I never got rid of the SVT I just parked it. I went to jack the car up one day and the unibody rail was making crunching sounds as I was lifting it, the parking brake cable was rusted in half when I bought the car, the rockers rusted out on me I had to weld in new ones, the quarters had rust bubbles popping up, there was a softball sized rust hole in the right rear wheel well and all the doors were rusted at the bottom panel seam like fords tend to do, so I thought the car wouldn't bring enough to be worth selling so I held on it it for the last four years or so

Comment

Sounds like a good candidate for a southern body swap. Rust always wins once it takes hold.
        2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

That is the plan, I didn't know if anyone had ever done that before. I was hoping to find a nice regular contour and swap my interior, bumpers and side skirts on to it. My SVT had the engine replaced at one point I believe because it doesn't have any SVT markings or the black intake like most other SVTs I've seen so the plan is to do a 3l swap while I'm at it.

Comment

I merged his two accounts and for some reason his username disappeared from his posts. The old username was: slow98SVT.
            Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

Thanks for merging them for me I appreciate it!

Comment

No problem.
                Welcome back!
                Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

It is slow here because of facebook, but we all lurk around once in awhile.
                  *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                  28 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Haha I understand, it definitely seems slower than I remember. I guess these cars are getting older and they weren't that common to begin with

Comment

Welcome Back! where ya from?
                      Mikey
                      00 CSVT #1363 Born 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 127k
                      99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
                      08 F150 Limited #357/5,000
                      93 Ford TBird 3.8, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Thanks! I'm in southern Indiana pretty close to Louisville Ky

Comment

Hi my name is Ignious mainly because I have a 1995 Mystique with engine control problems that I'm not able to solve. I would like to be able to ask questions but don't know how. Can anyone help?

Comment

I am in the same boat welcome back.
                            00 SVT - The Sketchy SVTC 02 SVT Focus (Sold) 00 Roush Cougar(Sold) 05 Focus ZX4 (Sold)

Comment

Same here. Was a member forever and a day ago w/ the first CSVT, now back again. Funny how some things have changed and others haven't. Mostly that parts aren't as easy to come by as they were 7-8yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X