Picked up a '99 in Silver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a '99 in Silver.

Hello gentlemen, I was able to locate a '99 SVT Contour, which is nice as I was hunting for one the last few months.

This will be my second SVT Contour I've owned. Originally I had a black 98.5 and I always regretted letting that one go. Here I am a touch later in life wanting something to make into a track able street car and I went out on a hair and decided to find and buy an SVT Contour just for that!

It's got 160k on it, and it needs some work. But for $1,000 and it was able to pass CA Smog inspection. I plan to have a little fun with it, for now the first things I'm going to do are all suspension and brake related. I want to make sure the suspension and brakes are up to snuff first.

While the engine and transmission feel good, and the clutch grabs quite strong still. I do not know how long it will hold up to track punishment. With luck it will survive a few sessions allowing me to have fun with it while I score and build a 3.0

My goals arnt lofty, I'm only aiming for moderate power, the whole point will be just to make this into a on the cheep track toy.

Nice!!!

Comment

Welcome! Nice pick-up.
      Keep us posted on your progress!
      Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

Thanks, I've been surprised by how available some of the parts are still. I was expecting the front rotors / pads / caliper repair kits to be obscure at this point, but thankfully they weren't. I'll definitely make a thread in the correct spot and keep you guys updated.

Comment

Nice ride :)
          Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
          Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
          Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
          Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            98 Silver Frost
            Full 3.0L
            ST220 intake

Comment

Nice. I've been looking for an CSVT for almost a year. I finally had to settle with a 98 CSE 2.5. Only 110,000 miles but sat in the weather for 3 years so paints chipping away every time the wind blows. Lol I'm also looking to do the 3.0 swap. Does any one know of a shop that makes fully built 30 engines

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                98 Silver Frost
                Full 3.0L
                ST220 intake

Comment

The urge to make it loud(er) is hard to resist, but other things must be done first :)

Comment

Working...
                  X