Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on this site before but I didn't really think to become a member until recently, when I was able to obtain useful information like the duratec v6 assembly manual from ford. I am currently 17 and only have a learners permit still, been busy, in the Constitution State a.k.a Connecticut. Now lets get into the car, I've got a 1997 Ford Contour Sport, Duratec V6 2.5L with a 5 speed MTX. My parents bought it for my mom to use as a daily up until 2013 when the clutch went and they put the money towards a new Subaru instead of the repair. My dad being big into cars in high school and college, always hoped to one day be able to beef up the contour since he knew the mondeo used to race, but never thought it would happen being that it was my mom's car.

After it was retired from daily use it sat in our driveway, on the verge of being sold, and would be started now and then but there isn't a bad ending, instead a new beginning. I would be the one to start the car every couple of weeks and move it which my dad thought it would be good to learn on just driving it around our cul-de-sac, which convinced him not to sell it but eventually around 2015-2016 one of the brake lines burst. It was at this point he gave me the green flag to start dismantling the engine bay, to prepare to remove the just engine, and about this time last year everything was loose and ready to come out. I will add that we only had the intentions of replacing just the clutch, but the brake line bursting changed that when we noticed the amount of rust on the other parts of the lines.

We had allowed a good portion of summer 2017 go by without giving it another try, then on September 3rd, 2017, wishing I'd checked this forum, we realized the engine had to come out with the tranny attached and progress was once made again. In fact, the car itself has been sitting in our garage making progress every week, just before thanksgiving all the brakes were replaced, painted, new copper lines bent and put in, along with a whole new rear subframe and suspension. Interior has been gutted to install all new speakers, radio and an amp which have all been tested and are working perfectly.
    Taken a couple days after engine removal. Notice front end is 2-4 inches taller than rear. New parts to replace rusted rear sub frame, suspension, and brakes. Engine bay repainted black to stop and prevent any future rust. Not to mention it looks really good.

hello DJ supreme lol

Comment

welcome to CEG!! looks like a good project car!! keep us posted!
      Mikey
      00 CSVT #1363 Born 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 128k
      99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
      08 F150 Limited #357/5,000
      93 Ford TBird 3.8, 98 Jeep G.C

Comment

oh hey silverskoundrel I didn't realize your on the forums XD
        Thanks ContourMike, it is a good project and I will keep you posted. If you are interested in keeping up with the project in more detail follow my instagram: djbluesupreme

Comment

yea been on here for a couple years now. which is nothing compared to the elders

Comment

Welcome!
            Great job on the project!
            Post your progress in the Duratec forum so others can benefit from what you are accomplishing.
            Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

Will do, and sorry about the confirmation email thing, I didn't you were sick that the time. Also I think I have to post a second time in here still before I can post elsewhere, although correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

This is great. Most people would have sent the car to scrap already.
                *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

blue_fuz I noticed your 1995 had a body kit for the front. It looks pretty nice compared to the others I've seen. Where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSupreme View Post
                    Will do, and sorry about the confirmation email thing, I didn't you were sick that the time. Also I think I have to post a second time in here still before I can post elsewhere, although correct me if I'm wrong.

No worries, that is what I am here for. Anytime you need something, just ask.
                    You only need two posts in one thread to move out into the general population. ;)
                    You are free to post everywhere but the main classified forum. You need to be a member for 60 days. If you need something that is for sale, you can PM the seller.
                    Christine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

00 Black Ebony SVT ~ #1412

17 Ford Explorer Limited: Magnetic Gray: - Build date: 27 October 2016

98 Silver Frost SVT ~ #2059. SOLD 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012

Comment

Oh ok, also a couple days after I posted on this I found a 1999 Contour SVT on craigslist, car was pretty pristine other than the fact that the engine was tuned and most likely damaged from that. Well I bought it, its number 583 of 2760 and the guy took pretty good care of it body wise even though the engine is an issue. For now the car will be used as a reference to help me put my 97 sport back together, while I fix some interior issues like the dash pealing and broken map light. I will also be putting a post up on duratec about how I am fixing the 97's wiring harness issue for a cheap and simple solution using plasi-dip, electrical tape, and wire loom.

Comment

Working...
                      X