Not new member, but first post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new member, but first post

Long time lurker and owner of E0 for about a year. I'm finally ready to start really working on my csvt. It's far from perfect but hopefully soon it can get close :). When I bought the car it came with a box of parts that I will post a picture of as soon as I get one (may need some help to i.d. parts and possibly info on the car, if possible.) I cant wait to get to know and talk to ya'll and if the crick dont rise then make spring zing next year :)

Welcome to the site. Very cool you want to get to SZ next year. Great to see new members.
    *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
    30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can help figure out your box of parts.
      98 Silver Frost
      Full 3.0L
      ST220 intake w/ f150 tb

Comment

Welcome to CEG!! Spring Zing's are a blast! Where ya from?
        Mikey
        00 CSVT #1363 Built 1/7/2000 Black/Tan 129k
        99 Contour SE Bought 10-2003-Sold 04-2017
        08 F150 Limited #357/5,000
        93 Ford TBird 3.8, 98 Jeep G.C

Comment

Thanks to you all for replying! I'm from northeast Indiana and I found my csvt in lower Michigan. For some reason I cant upload the parts photos on my phone so I'll try on my laptop tomorrow

Comment

Never mind! Somehow it let me do it this time so here are the pics. I know what some of these parts are but some I have no idea. Also what would I need to find more info on my specific csvt?

Comment

Comment

Welcome! Your car looks solid, but get those JPCs on there!

Those parts are all valuable CSVT parts, keep 'em! With respect to the jack point covers (JPCs), you'll want to tether them onto the side skirts when you reinstall them. Or, others have put small screws on the back side of the JPC to anchor them into the skirt. You'll see those are expensive (~$20 per), so you don't want to lose them.

The sunroof motor gear fails, so keep that replacement close. WHen the gear strips out, you can replace it with a new gear off of ebay.

THe sunroof motor cover can be fragile, so store the replacements in bubble wrap so they don't get cracked. The screw tabs break off.

THe ECU typically needs to match the unit in your car (SFG2) and they need the matching keys (2). E0s keys & rules can can be slightly different, I'm familiar with the E1 key/ECU rules.

The throttle body is SVT specific (hence the svt sticker).

2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

Sorry for not responding earlier and thank you for helping me with all the parts. I'm working on lifting the back of the car onto a individual wheel lift (jackable tracks underneath each wheel, I'll send pics asap), but I cant the back of the car up enough to slide them under the back wheels. Any help would be appreciated. I may not get the pictures for a day or two, I'm negotiating on a 72 ironhead atm and hopefully will seal the deal tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                  X