Not new but first post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new but first post

I have a 2000 contour svt proud owner for 6 years my contour has been down and out for 3 years now cant seem to get rid of it cause I really dont want too. She has an issue that I cant figure out but I'm ready to start fixing her up.

Looks like it's still in pretty nice shape!
    99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid, Spec flywheel, MSDS, CAI, 17" Konig Tantrums, Optimized TB & Y, Baer BBK, Bassani cat-back w/ magnaflow res, Koni's w/ H&R

'06 Volvo V50 T5 AWD MTX- Stock

Comment

Gee, I'm not 'new' but this is my first post in probably close to 10 years. I'm the original owner of this 1999 (with 73,000) and mine has been Non-Op since 2014. Not that it was 'down', but because I got tired of paying $150 a year registration and $300 insurance to MAYBE drive it a couple thousand miles . Had a few problems, just an axle nut loose and (still) the rear sway bar welds cracked. Just came back cause there are a few parts I was hoping to find a few parts, only to discover, as I suspected, not much activity here.

But I decided to post and share this pic with you to maybe keep you inspired to stick with your endeavor- paint had been neglected with just an annual wash or two the past 5 years. Now that I am close to completing the detailing I decided she's going back on the road and going to fix all the those little 'quirks' like missing wiper arm bolt cover and couple screw covers on the cabin air filter cover. All I can say is the car is almost like having a new car.
      '99 CSVT #755, 3L, SVT LIM/UIM/ cams
      Borla cat-back, Sho Shop(?) optimized Y/ high flow cat
      SPEC flywheel/ Sachs clutch, Quaife, B&M
      Zyoxx 18x7.5 ZX14's w/ 225/40zr18 Nitto Neogen's

Comment

Working...
      X