• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#2072 first pics finally

rollinstylee

Hard-core CEG'er
I've had my SVT for just over a month now and I promised pics as soon as I did some stuff and gave it a good wash/clay/wax. So, introducing 1999 #2072:

HPIM0228.jpg

foglight mod before I even brought it home from college (also before I had a grille badge):
HPIM0145.jpg

HPIM0224.jpg

HPIM0223.jpg

HPIM0233.jpg

painted the Mirko today and put it on:
HPIM0238.jpg

HPIM0239.jpg

So far, I've done the fog light mod, Knauberized it, replaced all the speakers with Pioneer TS-A6871R's (already has a JVC head and 12-disc changer), and rattle-canned the Mirko which the prev. owner never installed and put it on. It has a K&N air filter, otherwise mechanically stock. No more plans at the moment since it'll be racking up big miles over the summer in my internship commute from C-ville to Richmond :nonono:. It already has 115k on the clock but it was impeccably maintained by the first two owners, second of whom is a mechanic and took good care of it himself. Interior is amazing, with only the driver's seat even hinting at the age. Exterior is likewise, almost perfect. The original E1s have Blizzaks on them. I hope she treats me as well as I plan to treat her :). So what do you guys think, did I catch a good one?

Yeah but not a very active one, JaysSVT. It was in the classifieds for a while with no responses, but I was already talking with him before he posted it because I saw it on Autotrader less than 5 miles from my apartment. Turns out he's a friend of a friend too, and I've stayed in touch with him since the purchase. It was a lucky find.

Great looking csvt.

Good luck with it. Also i would tell you how good of a pick up it was if a price was shown of purchase. But hey thats up to you to post it.

Still, it looks like a great find!!!

the splitter is a rattle can job?!?! i don't believe it!

looks great! nice work

Thanks! Yep, all DupliColor. 3 light coats of adhesion promoter, about 5 coats of color (until the can ran out), 3 light coats of clear and then finished the rest of the clear can on a final wet coat. Came out pretty good for $15 and one afternoon.

Great looking csvt.

Good luck with it. Also i would tell you how good of a pick up it was if a price was shown of purchase. But hey thats up to you to post it.

Still, it looks like a great find!!!

I'll PM you, I just didn't want this to turn into a "DUDE you got taken, I got mine for $1200 and a pack of gum!!!11!!!ROTFL!!!" thread.

Looks clean. Great job on the mirko. Your interior looks black in the pictures. I've always wondered why they didn't make the interior black

I hardly believe that was done with a rattle can, its so beautifully done, I might have to hire you to rattle can my whole car :shocked:

Thanks for the compliments! Rattle canning a car...I'll practice on mine and get back to you. :crazy:

what kind of wheels? Those would look :drool: in 18 or 19

Axis Wheelsite Mesh 2's. I don't think they're in production anymore. You can find them with a google search but they're not listed on the Axis website. :shrug: Too bad, I think they're pretty hot.

Back