• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Changing up the gauges a bit.....

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I've had the same white cluster, HVAC, and a-pillar glow gauges since 2004. After the power transformer died a few months ago I decided to change it up.

I tested out my stock black gauge cluster with the chrome gauge rings and I loved it. Swapped over red SVT needles to my black gauges and I was hooked. Put my HVAC panel back to stock black and then began the hunt for the right looking pod gauges to match the cluster.

The Ford Racing pod gauges were pretty much a perfect match but they are really expensive. After selling my glow gauges I had a little more money to play with and was able to upgrade to the Ford Racing gauges that I liked and I found them all separate and damn cheap compared to other new prices.

Coolant Temp full sweep found brand new on craigslist
Oil Pressure narrow sweep found brand new on ebay
Battery Voltage narrow sweep found as open item on ebay

So nice, and a great change from the white. Enjoy!

gauges%201_zpsqeve2w2j.jpg

gauges%202_zpsijkrekaz.jpg

gauges%204_zps9virlitq.jpg

Looks great! Nice to mix it up a bit once in a while, and you can't beat OEM look with a few little tweaks. Looks like it could have came like that.

Thanks guys. The goal was to make it look factory. Chrome rings and red needles are a must. I got lucky that Auto Meter makes the Ford Racing gauges so close. Very happy. I am putting strip LEDs into the gauge cluster and HVAC unit, then it should be done.

I don't frequent the CEG like I used to ,more info on the gauge rings?

Back