• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 Contour SE VANDALIZED!!

99contourSE

CEG'er
hey guys so my 99 SE was vandalized two days ago just outside of my own house while I was sleeping. Need some advice and maybe even some parts. Could use a front bumper, front passenger side fender, wheels, and some advice on how to either get a mustard stain out of my hood, or as to how I should go about repainting it, and if so, should I just keep it the silver frost or go with another color? I'm going to post some pics below of what I came out to. any help would be appreciated.

Looks like they used a lot of eggs….and some baloney ?

First things first, use a lot of water…..sooner than later. Bumpers are best found at a auto graveyard. Ebay has some, but those will be $$$$.

Mad Dog

Thanks. I did get rid of the egg and yes there was balogna. I've checked with all the scrapyards around and most of the contours, sadly, have very low miles and are totaled at the front end:( so sad to see all those tours with so much more life left in them. I just wish I could find at least one out there that had the silver frost. All of them are green, red, black, or white.

The mustard stained the hood but I think I got it out of the most part. I just repainted the bumper on the front. I think it looks pretty good. Will post pics

No Title

Got a new grille and repainted the front bumper I think it looks fairly decent for an afternoon's work

Attachments

• photo16373.jpg
    photo16373.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Thanks man. Don't know that I'll be in west Michigan anytime soon though lol. Right now I've got another problem though. Advice from one CEG'r to another, don't ever buy a performance chip

Back