• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"New" SVT 1999 #2013

This was taken after I removed 90% of accessories stuff of the engine, and clean up all the grit/grim and crap. All the pipes/ hard metal parts/extra SVT valve covers were sent out be powder coated in high gloss black. :) And man does this look much better out of the car and the crap taken off of it.

Ever Wondered what your engine looks like in your SVT??
We can see the Oil cooler, where the power steering pump/pulley sits, Water pump pulley, Where the PCV REALLY comes out of(what a nightmare to get at in the car) The plate that sits between the Trans/engine, Timing chain cover, Rear main seal, Top of the Heads where the LOWER intake meets the engine itself... for those wondering.

I am posting double on account of these being two SEPARATE videos, like a Before and After.

The video above this post is BEFORE being cleaned, just out the car with trans taken off.

THIS video below shows AFTER being cleaned up, and torn apart, but BEFORE new gaskets and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8E5Qr5YB6Q

No Title

Brand new Powder coated parts always make me smile :) I had a bunch of stuff done since the engine is out and I wanna do this right..

Big thanks to my friends over at ADC powder-coating in Allentown, PA. you guys rock!!

Color here is what's called "Ink black"

Attachments

• photo17973.jpg
    photo17973.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17974.jpg
    photo17974.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17976.jpg
    photo17976.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17977.jpg
    photo17977.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17978.jpg
    photo17978.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0
No Title

More pic whoring.. who can blame me?

These pics certainly do NOT do these justice at all, but I assure you they are beautiful!!..I am trying to show off the quality of them, and their finish overall, yes it is hard to see. I will be posting another Vid on youtube, for you all to drool over some more :)

I had all the hard lines on the engine, all the mounts, valve covers, and other various things like Trans cable bracket, brakets that hold the wiring harness, and DPFE sensor..e.t.c.

Attachments

• photo17978.jpg
    photo17978.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17982.jpg
    photo17982.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17981.jpg
    photo17981.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17980.jpg
    photo17980.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17979.jpg
    photo17979.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
No Title

Last set of powder-coated stuff..Power steering pulley, Oil cooler lines, Coolant crossover..

Attachments

• photo17983.jpg
    photo17983.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17984.jpg
    photo17984.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17985.jpg
    photo17985.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17986.jpg
    photo17986.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
Update,

The car is running great, I have so far put about 4,500k on it. God I miss driving this car...seriously 3 years guys..3 fking long years..

Everything I am listing has fully paperwork to back it up.
I am doing so for my own sake so I have this saved somewhere..

Car had 123,438 miles when all this was done. All parts are BRAND NEW or LIFETIME WARRANTY unless otherwise specified.

I have the original rebuilt stamp from the engine block FROM FORD with the number corresponding to the engine being replaced UNDER WARRANTY around 34k miles.
Upon my own research the car was owned by a BMW tech (funny I know) out near Harrisburg, PA. He had the car painted and the engine replaced under warranty. I am the 8th owner of the car.

It has a FULLY rebuilt trans with ALL internals changed, blockers, rings, syncros. I had them give back all the old parts. Ford Throw-out bearing, The Clutch is a California Custom Stage 3-street/strip clutch/pressure plate, Fidanza lighten flywheel, Team M Factory Helical-LSD. I had the trans case hot-tanked and pro-cleaned. New shifter cables with better ends, shift tower was cleaned, checked and reinstalled. C-V axles replaced on both sides.

A/C compressor has been removed, The hard lines, Radiator, etc. I left ALL factory wiring so it can be reinstalled if I ever want to. Besides the A/C, the car retains all other functions sun-roof, stereo, pwr seats,etc. I deleted the AC in the MOST way possible by still being able to put it back in.

I repainted under the engine bay while I had the engine and trans out, It was sprayed by yours truly in Eastwood Flat Black engine bay paint.. (its urethane based..will actually protect)

I installed all new valve covers that I had powder coated, other misc parts were cleaned and reinstalled with new clamps/hoses. Power Steering connection replaced at the pump union.

Engine has a K&N on a short ram intake, MSDS headers/y-pipe, stock factory stainless exhaust, fully cleaned Upper and Lower intake manifold. ALL gaskets replaced with Fel-pro including - IAC, TB, UIM, LIM, EGR. Rear main seal, valve covers gaskets replaced. Throttle body "knife-edged".

EVERYTHING with the exception on the struts/springs themselves has been replaced with MOOG LIFETIME parts including BOTH sides - Inner/Outer tie-rods, Control arms, Sway-bar end links.

All 4 brake calipers have been replaced and full system flush and bleed, New pads/rotors front and rear, Stock rotor size, better compound pads..nothing crazy..yet

Car is on Focus SVT 17"s wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/45/17 on all four corners... grip is fking insane. Brand new Alignment.

Car has Phantom Autometer volt gauge in a 3 pod pillar color matched to interior...

Ill add More as I go.

Pics coming tonight!!!

Pictures of some stuff
thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail
thumbnail

Back