• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1914's Built thread! Shooting for 12's!

I haven't been on CEG in forever! Mark and I definitely have a little competition going on, oval port vs split port! I got to the dyno first and made 224/200, Mark is going to beat me to some better numbers than that but I still have more power to gain on all motor. Should be interesting! I'll have to post my cougar up on here, done a lot to it in the last couple months.

Yup! The battle of the Hybrid and Full 3L still lives! I love the competition between you and also Brent's SF SVT. I think it helps motivate all of us to do whatever we can to get the most power out of our cars. I'm shooting to see 250whp on a Mustang dyno in the next two weeks. We shall see! I'm being overly optimistic!

Yea I think you definitely are, however I have learned dynos are all different, mine has been on 3 different dynos and has put down different numbers on each.

So you are not going to replace the rods, just the bearings? If you beat on the engine with stock rods it tends to end badly in my experience.

One of these days I will take the "Beast" back to the track, but I need to have travel limiters on the suspension to it won't weight transfer. Last time it just smoked the tires through 3rd gear. I have a built 3.0 with a Turbo which means traction, not power is the limiting factor.

If you can get grip then these will run.

For this year, and well, as long as this motor will last, yes, i'll be running stock rods and pistons with clevite TriMetal bearings. I just simply ran out of funds and my 2.5 is puking oil out of the head gasket, so it needs to be replaced. I do however plan to have the bottom end balanced with forged rods and maybe higher compression pistons. I'd like to see around 12-13:1 compression at some point.

Nice! Somebody has got to get one to run 12s. If we can keep up with high 12s cars on the street on the roll...it's just a matter of putting the power down early. Anybody hear from CSVT49? Wasn't he working on traction bars too?

Brent, it is a bit tougher. I think my depowered rack is probably a little harder to steer than a PRT kit. I'd have to drive one though to compare.

CLASSVT, you can buy them on Ebay. I wish i had the funds for another set so i could get racing slick for the car, rather than compromising for a street/track tire combo. And thanks! I love that last pic!

Well, it has been quite some time since an update. The car has gone through some changes, none of them adding any power. My main focus has been autocross and cheap mods since i pretty much drained my account last year on the swap and other parts. I ended up doing a battery relocation, electric power steering setup, fresh alignment, and removed the rear seats. Should get me a little better weight distribution along with a little bit of weight savings. Here are some pics from the last half of last year along with some updated engine bay pics and electric power steering setup.

14556690_10154440166830449_3063521370489533264_o by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

14876437_10154528475300449_5007854854756742768_o(1) by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

16112879_10154797420905449_1276696046541436280_o by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_9762 (2) by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_9759 (2) by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_9758 (2) - Copy by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

_MG_9740 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

Back