• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CrazyTalkSVT's old Contour Refresh

Just an update. Brought her to the shop for minor body work, new tires, and control arms are getting replaced. Can't wait till she is show ready again!

25517993133_27fab48186_k.jpg

25847784260_ff76bef5cb_k.jpg

26054245061_42ec9a1d84_k.jpg

25515817544_d7c1de74bc_k.jpg
By Dane Austin, on Flickr

I can't friggen believe I'm seeing this car. Nuts! I've always wanted to see this car aired out voer a set of wheels that are a bit more contemporary. A set of Work Meisters would be pretty awesome, if not a bit passé.

I was going to get new wheels but these have grown on me. I am now going to have them powder coated and the inserts repainted. Will be something that I keep under the wraps.

No Title

It is fun seeing that thing plopped on the ground...

Why yes it is. Got a lot accomplished the last few days. All little things. I have powder coating for the wheels lined up, color is going to be my secret. I also have the new color of the car chosen that will happen when the body work gets done. I got the new lower control arm in on the passenger side (ball joint was bad). I got my new old head unit installed. I also got my new old speakers installed, along with my new old 12" kicker comp vr subwoofer. I figured out why the key fob and PATS was not working, was a simple fuse that also works for the interior lighting (who would have thought?). I also got new tires for the front (pass front tire was bald). Was a very successful day!

Attachments

• photo16787.jpg
    photo16787.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 0
Bad news! Wheel studs started to shear off so the car had to get towed to the shop yesterday. Will hopefully get those fixed as soon as possible. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Bad news! Wheel studs started to shear off so the car had to get towed to the shop yesterday. Will hopefully get those fixed as soon as possible. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Dang! That sucks!! Glad you caught it before the wheel went flying!!

So am I, lol. I experienced this already with my white/green car and it was not fun. I am just glad that when it happened on that one, it stayed on the road lol.

Update! New exhaust for the car is on its way. So far I have gotten my muffler and tips. I ordered them separately so I could go with the options I wanted. I got a Borla Pro XS muffler and some 16" long 4" round tips that will fill the cutouts better. Getting it ready for a local car show on the Fourth of July!
BfUnH74.jpg

Doesn't look like my exhaust will come in time. Trubendz took a week to get my exhaust shipped. Just got a confirmation today about it shipping. Won't be here till the 5th..got the summer send off show that it will be ready for tho.

Haha, not much has changed. Need time that I don't have. I have plans for the car that WILL BE DONE before our summer sendoff. You CAN quote me on that....maybe....lol

Just one photo from the Salute to the Fourth show. Going under the knife and will be sitting until the summer send-off show.
27523588024_f1ca493cf8_k.jpg

Well, after thinking about this for a while, it is time to move on from the car. It has been a little over a year of owning it and I put less than 3000 miles on it and have had little to no time to work on it. I have posted it for sale if anyone is interested in it. Shoot me a message. Wish I could keep it, but it really needs to go to someone who will have the time to put the work into it. Here is my craigslist posting: https://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/6011984754.html

Well, after thinking about this for a while, it is time to move on from the car. It has been a little over a year of owning it and I put less than 3000 miles on it and have had little to no time to work on it. I have posted it for sale if anyone is interested in it. Shoot me a message. Wish I could keep it, but it really needs to go to someone who will have the time to put the work into it. My craigslist posting is here.

Back