• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I found 1998 E0 SVT build #29 !!!!

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
IMG_4065.JPG Had someone call me up asking if I wanted to buy their SVT. Oil light had come on and car was starting to rust in a few places and has 197k miles. Odd thing was the oil light wasn't always on and the motor still ran quiet. I'm in no mood to buy any right now but the price was right. Oh well, brought her home!

This was an old school CEGrs car, and original owner since just a few months ago, but I can't find out what their screen name was.

Features:
- BAT suspension
- BAT y-pipe/flex pipe
- FSVT 17" wheels
- HMS keyed shift tower
- BAT front brakes
- NO SUNROOF
- Super clean interior, one of the best I have ever had

Tons of paperwork for repairs. 2 original window stickers. Original certificate of origin that the dealership should have submitted for a title.

Drives smooth and straight.

On a hunch I decided to change the oil pressure sensor first and believe it or not the oil pressure light is off! I have put 200 miles on since changing the sensor and the light has stayed off.

I have it listed for sale locally but there are so many cheap young kids that don't want to pay what the parts are even worth. Unfortunatly I am de-modding it because the rust is getting to the point that it will decide how much someone will pay for it, not because of the mods and I won't just give these mods away. They want to be cheap, then they get stock parts.

I already swapped the wheels and put E0s on. Putting stock suspension on next. Then swap the bat y-pipe and shift tower if I get the time.

No Title

Attachments

• photo17016.jpg
    photo17016.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17017.jpg
    photo17017.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17018.JPG
    photo17018.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Yeah. Honestly if it wasn't rusting out I would just keep it (maybe). But with my truck repairs I have to pay for, the car has to go plus we don't have room for another vehicle.

hey Joe, looks good. I've seen a lot worse rust wise...like in my garage haha. I've always liked the no sunroof svt's. gl with it.

I am DEAD serious, Fuz if u sell the Shift tower I will buy it, seriously. Ill buy it right now.. I am in DIRE need of one.. ESPECIALLY if its a HMS one.. so PLEASE let me know

^ Yup! Thanks for the help. Your parts will help me keep the aftermarket goodies on this SVT and also be able to sell the car for cheaper to the next guy.

There are a few out there without sunroofs and they tend to be 98, iirc. I believe this is the case as the sunroof and spoiler became no cost options for the later years.

This is the first CSVT that I have seen without the optional sunroof. I was beginning to think that there weren't any out there!

My 99 CSVT is a no roof car, but I ordered it that way, it was A-Plan, as I worked for Ford at the time. Sunroof was a no-cost option in 99, and for all the dealer ordered cars, they just checked all the option boxes. I'm tall and didn't like the loss of headroom in the sunroof cars.

The car is back on all 4s after swapping out the BAT suspension and putting stock SVT parts back in. It still rides fantastic, just have a nagging brake clacking on the drivers side front while braking. Always something with these cars LOL.

I will be leaving the keyed shift tower and BAT y-pipe in the car, just don't have the time or ambition to keep picking parts off.

Also had some standard contour center caps laying around I plopped onto the E0 wheels. I know they are ugly, but it's all I had and it looks complete to the average buyer now. Pieced the 2 chunks of jack cover back together too so it doesn't look like the side skirt is missing a tooth.....

No Title

Attachments

• photo17048.JPG
    photo17048.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17049.JPG
    photo17049.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17050.JPG
    photo17050.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17051.JPG