• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Cougar is alive!

Very cool! Go fast, stay safe, shiny side up and all that. Forgot that was running this weekend, been in Colorado >20 years and haven't been to the Pit Rally yet. Someday... You running Touring or Competition?

Yea you definitely need to check it out, it was a great time! There were only 3 cars in the competition class, you need a license and full race car with log book. I just got my car race ready on wednesday, hit high plains raceway thursday night, and then went to the practice day friday morning. Therefore I don't have much experience yet, need to figure out why its soo hard to heal toe in this car but I could do it no problem in my last SVT. You can see I was being held up in the video, I will have to post a mod list and video from the race day but I ended up in a group with a new RS focus, ZL1 camaro, new coyote, Hellcat challenger, and some other fast cars. My car is making 220 and 200, weighs 2600lbs and did 130 on the straight. Ill be there next year as long as the car is up for it.

That would be a blast! Glad to see you are still running it through the gears.

Wow that sounds very similar to the 2.5 world challenge motors. looks like fun.

It does but its just the longtubes it has, and apparently one magnaflow muffler isn't enough. Its way too loud for me, my friend watching said I was one of the loudest cars. True duals, a cold air intake, and more tuning coming soon!

No Title

Attachments

• photo17112.jpg
    photo17112.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17113.jpg
    photo17113.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17114.jpg
    photo17114.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17115.jpg
    photo17115.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17116.jpg
    photo17116.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 0
damn i wish we had hill climb! one of my dream racing to do. that or rally! what clutch are you running? the car looks stiff. what suspension are you running? what spring rates?

Here's the two videos I got from the race day, first video is the one I got to 130mph on the straight section. And I copied a mod list I have on my computer. Car really needs a cold air intake, true dual exhaust and more tuning. Otherwise the suspension and brakes are set up fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qizxNCgFgV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQSsCpTuxA4
Oval port 3L V6 Conversion
SVT Camshafts
Mondeo Intake Manifold
65mm Throttle Body
Short Ram Intake
SHM Longtube Headers
Single 2.5" Exhaust
Ries Performance Oil Pan Baffle
21lb Injectors
Custom Dyno Tune
HMS Built Transmission
Fidanza Short Shifter
Quaife LSD
3.5 Final Drive Ratio
Clutchnet 6 Puck Clutch
Fidanza 9lb Flywheel
Driveshaft Shop Stage 3.9 Axles
Koni / Ground Control Coilovers
Nissan S13 Front Camber Plate Conversion
Stangkiller Tubular Front Control Arms
TZT Front Endlinks
PRT Rear Control Arms
PRT Rear Toe Arms
PRT Rear Endlinks
Aussie 24mm Rear Sway Bar
Reinforced Rear Subframe
Subframe Connectors
Rear Strut Brace
3R Racing Alignment & Corner Balance
6 Point Roll Bar
Corbeau FX1 Pro Racing Seats
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk
European Ford Grill
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels
HID Headlights
TCE 13” Wilwood Front Brakes
TCE 11.2” Rear Brakes
Power Steering Delete
HVAC Delete
Emissions Systems Delete
Sunroof Delete
ABS Delete

I definitely noticed you had no power steering. How did you like it? I loved it on the track. Hated at autox. But I got the hang of it

Ive never done autox, but I imagine it would suck. My arms did start to get pretty tired after 15 mins on the road course. I have a procharger for the car so I'm thinking torque steer might be an issue with that and no power steering, hopefully I don't have to put it back on but we'll see.

i got used to it after about 4or5 autox events. i actually really like it now. except for the rebound and itl bounce the steering.
im not sure how the quaife diff differs from the torsen. but my torsen has eliminated just about all torque steer.

also i have done alot of experiments on my alignment. if interested i can go into detail what made my car handle crazy good.

ok i just watched another video of yours. and i can recommend a few things. get that steering wheel close! youre not in luxury! not sure how tall you are but you need that thing to be all up in your face. almost 90* in your elbow. your just trying to fight the wheel right now.

second. not sure what you set caster at. but move those camber plates all the way back for max caster! your car seems like its doing what mine used to do at minimum caster. and it was not pleasant!

I may try another notch closer to the steering wheel, but I am already pretty close and comfortable. As for the suspension setup, I had a high end race shop align everything for track use and corner balance it. It handles fantastic! What was yours doing at minimum caster?

The steering is hard and heavy. It's bounces to bumps very easy. Exactly what yours in doing in the videos. If you go max caster it tries to stay straight which is much easier to control

The steering is hard and heavy. It's bounces to bumps very easy. Exactly what yours in doing in the videos. If you go max caster it tries to stay straight which is much easier to control

Maximizing caster will improve return-to-center of the steering, but it also increases steering effort, which is something to think about in a car with "arm strong" power steering.

While I agree with you. But without power steering, you need as much help as you can get to have the wheels pointed where you want the car to go. That's why after going min caster I could not drive the car at all and went to max. It's a pretty big difference. I don't even notice the PS delete anymorr

Back