• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Cougar is alive!

Interesting, I honestly don't know much about suspension adjustments. The car does seem to jolt and feel a little unstable over some bumps and uneven road surfaces, especially at high speeds, I just figured its the nature of the beast. The road in the videos is by no means smooth, and average speed was probably 100mph for me so probably not the best example. I will have to adjust it sometime and see how I like.

What are your alignment numbers? Did the race prep shop bump steer the front suspension? How much is it lowered?

No Title

Hopefully the pics help. One of the guys at 3R racing knew you Gary, forget how we got into that conversation but he mentioned your SHO and everything. The rear is as low as it gets without rubbing, I still haven't rolled or done anything with my fenders tho and I'm running 245's. To answer your question both front and rear coilovers can go lower, just need the tire clearance in the back. No idea on the bump steer, I could call and ask.

Attachments

• photo17148.jpg
    photo17148.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17149.jpg
    photo17149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
One of the guys at 3R racing knew you Gary, forget how we got into that conversation but he mentioned your SHO and everything.

Was thinking you'd used 3R, they're the best in Denver. I'll have a look at it later, Sunday perhaps, headed out of town for the next day or so. Yeah, that's Chris Mayfield, he knew me from the Taurus SHO days.

Back