1999 CSVT #583 and the 1997 Contour Sport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 CSVT #583 and the 1997 Contour Sport

I made this to basically a have a post to share my CSVT project from start to finish, with the CEG feedback, and whats left of my Sport build. I'll start off with this unlisted video of my CSVT that I took on a rainy day, its cinematic but I didn't record anything else but the front. https://youtu.be/Wi0EwvXku0k Enjoy
    1997 Ford Contour Sport (Duratec 2.5L with MTX)-Build in Progress-Overhaul 223,150 Miles: Running and Driving!!!
    1999 Ford Contour SVT (Duratec 2.5L with MTX) #583 of 2760 T Green -Build Coming Soon (Engine Ceased)

Sweet :) Something bout the T-green, one day I love it next day I hate it!! your paint looks nice though :)
    Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
    Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
    Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
    Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

Oh yeah, some scratches here or there but mostly "Mint." Sucks that the only thing wrong with this car is the engine, so much work but will be soooo worth it! Originally I didn't like the green, but when I saw the car and bought it... I just love it so much now.

Just for kicks, if anyone's a Porsche fan here is my dad's 944 doing a quick rev. YouTube
      Last edited by BlueSupreme; 02-12-2018, 12:31 AM. Reason: Adding Link
      1997 Ford Contour Sport (Duratec 2.5L with MTX)-Build in Progress-Overhaul 223,150 Miles: Running and Driving!!!
      1999 Ford Contour SVT (Duratec 2.5L with MTX) #583 of 2760 T Green -Build Coming Soon (Engine Ceased)

Comment

Will probably upload more pictures of the previous stages in which it wasn't road legal yet but here it is. Finally on the road, it's only temporarily registered at the moment but still!!!

Comment

And on the same day of the UCONN Car Show 2018, 4/15/18, my just restored temporary registered 1997 Sport decided to stall after I pushed the clutch in seeing the engine oil light flickering and not start anymore. The starter turns over the engine but with a lot of resistance... I've got a bad feeling the engine is binding. I'll have to do some research online and more testing before I decide to pull an engine from a car I just finished and put on the road but I'll give an update. Sadly this pushes back the SVT project too, maybe I can get an engine for that car to at least get it temporarily running if worse comes to worst.

Comment

That sucks, sorry. I am having a shop rebuild my 3L hybrid currently, hopefully for the last time! Forged pistons and rods, etc. Hard to justify $7k spent on a 99 ford contour, but it's worth it.

Good luck!
            99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid, Spec flywheel, MSDS, CAI, 17" Konig Tantrums, Optimized TB & Y, Baer BBK, Bassani cat-back w/ magnaflow res, Koni's w/ H&R

'06 Volvo V50 T5 AWD MTX- Stock

Comment

I bought a 1997 Mercury engine from a local salvage yard, crossing my fingers it will last a little while. I did get the engine free before buying that engine and sure enough... rod knock. I honestly thought it would last a little bit longer but yeah 46 mile engine change after restoring the car isn't fun. At least I got the engine out in about three days, which is pretty dang good considering it took a couple months the first time. I'm about ready to put the new engine in but my Eagle Scout project caught up to me so I'll be busy for a little while. This does allow for me to start doing performance upgrades on the original engine for that car but it is also annoying because I'd like to get to my SVT soon.

Comment

Working...
              X