• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 2000 CSVT

Pepsibottle1

CEG'er
Pictures as promised. Unknown build

Picked up in a non running state @98k, spent a week getting it together and now it runs and drives beautifully. Best driving car I've ever owned and I prefer it over my old FiST.

Car is 100% stock minus the 17" SVT wheels.
e091cdd030963dfe312d8bd50d723495.jpg
88fd462e696422fcbfe28d3345779f22.jpg
71cf85b2c72a82a78f247fd50036996b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So you had a Focus ST or Fiesta ST? I am seriously thinking about a Focus ST someday for my DD. FIesta is a little too small for my tastes...

Fiesta ST. We love the little things, I've had 2 (ST and non ST), the wife has a 1.0 ecoboost that sometimes I'll hijack for my 60 mile commute. I'd say the CSVT is about every bit as bad as my old ST was then some, and I wasn't expecting that at all. But now we can put a baby seat in the back of the Contour for our newborn.

How much of a night and day difference was the 3.0 swap for you in terms of gains

The biggest difference is the torque available off the line and in the around-the-town rpm range. Almost makes 1st gear useless. But, it trades off high rpm fun - the 2.5L needs to be wrung out to get to the power band, while the 3L (with Escape cams) runs out of steam at about 5500 rpm.

The right way to do it is get a 3L with SVT cams, but I'm happy with what I've got right now...

It looks lowered, but you say that's stock suspension? Looks great. I miss mine. Been in the shop getting the motor rebuilt since last fall.

It looks lowered, but you say that's stock suspension? Looks great. I miss mine. Been in the shop getting the motor rebuilt since last fall.

Appears to be looking underneath. I am running 17" FSVT wheels with 50 profile tires too. But then again, I've located a superchip on the ECU and the exhaust doesen't exactly sound stock either

Back