• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Lexus IS-F

omfg pure sex
i love it. the IS's sound amazing with the v8. i heard one take off once and wanted to cream

Only 6-cylinders have been offered in the IS. No V8 :rolleyes:

And remember this is a RWD platform that has a decade on the CDW27 platform. Hence why it can have a 400HP V8 under the hood.......

I'd still take the RS4:cool:

Notice that in most of the exhaust pics that the tips are oval? All of the sudden in the last pic they are round????

Lexus and toyota getting a foot back in the sports car market finally. Theyre new concepts are absolutely amazing, especially that FT-JS (SUPRA on Crack and steroids).

Looks like crap IMO. What's with the exhaust?
From a styling standpoint, it looks like another F-. The way the side vent blends into the rocker panel is akward, to say the least. And the hood...did anyone really LOOK at the profile pic? The hood looks tacked on like an afterthought. It doesn't flow with the rest of the lines AT ALL. Much like the current Camry hood. As for the exhaust, well, I'll give them credit for trying something that looks unique. To bad 'unique' here equates to 'ugly.'

At least they went with a very tasteful lip spoiler on the trunk. Kudos for that!

I like the look. Hood lines do look like they're borrowed from the Camry but from the profile, the bulge is also reminiscent of power bulge hoods from muscle cars. I also like the proportions ... long hood line and high rear end look very European to me. Good job Lexus!

Looks like crap IMO. What's with the exhaust?

its unique, maybe if I saw it in person then I could better say..Lexus competeing with M3 would have involve somthing other then auto trans

Im getting annoyed by this whole surge in semi-automatic shifters, the SMG is great but seriously..

Only cars like in the Ferrari caliber have the upper hand

Only 6-cylinders have been offered in the IS. No V8 :rolleyes:

And remember this is a RWD platform that has a decade on the CDW27 platform. Hence why it can have a 400HP V8 under the hood.......

haha i wasnt thinking. IS your right duh. i dont know the other v8 4 door.

Not really feeling it. Looks too much like a camry/accord and altogether has too many ricey flares. For instance the "gill" on the side doesn't look right. Either it's too low or does not come up high enough. The Viper gill looks great this one looks like a craptastic body kit. Also the 4 tail pipes stacked on top of each other. That just looks gh3y.

i dunno how many you've driven, but the smg is far worse. it simply doesn't work right.

the sad part is the M5's V10 was built around the SMG transmission. So when they pu a 6-speed gearbox with that V10, surprisingly car&driver really didnt notice much

Back