Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This build is Next Level for sure! Wow. Looks nuts.

Comment

• I'm excited to see how this comes along when it finally does :)

Comment

• So is it finished?
        Originally posted by ChattavegasSE
        I carry all my money in a mattress.

Comment

• Josh is a very busy man, so I do not think he has gotten the chance to finish this. I am excited to see it done tho.
          1997 Ford Contour GL - White and Green two-tone
          2000 Ford Contour SVT - Black #890

Comment

• If anyone is interested, I just purchased the Duratec RWD stuff from PRT and will continue the project in a different chassis.

Comment

• cool, so what is the overall plan? Recreate a euro design awd Contour? Or turn the motor horizontal?
              2k SVTC - Black / Praire Tan, blu_fuz ported 3.0L, 58k motor, 118k chassis

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/attach...chmentid=16333

Comment

• Originally posted by ScotSHO View Post
                cool, so what is the overall plan? Recreate a euro design awd Contour? Or turn the motor horizontal?
                Different more old school chassis, a Pinto.

Comment

• Originally posted by damarble View Post

Different more old school chassis, a Pinto.
                  Not hating on your build man, as i'm sure it'll come out well. I only wish this was gonna be going into a contour(as seen by my post on page 1 of this thread). We old farts saw josh(PRT) begin & make progress on this project, and also heard him swear by heaven & earth that nuthn was gonna derail this. I understand life happens. It just saddens me that this will not be going into a tour is all....
                  Julian
                  98.5 csvt #6226 of 6535
                  Rally Inspired 3L turbo'd monsTOUR
                  Modifications??? well...lets just say this ain'tcha grandma's contour :D

Comment

• Originally posted by BAD SVT View Post
                    Not hating on your build man, as i'm sure it'll come out well. I only wish this was gonna be going into a contour(as seen by my post on page 1 of this thread). We old farts saw josh(PRT) begin & make progress on this project, and also heard him swear by heaven & earth that nuthn was gonna derail this. I understand life happens. It just saddens me that this will not be going into a tour is all....

Agree, hell I'd even be willing donate an svt shell if I knew it would help.
                    my rides;
                    04 Marauder. Black MNB 98.5 svt 3.0L. 2000 Silver Frost MNB svt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAD SVT View Post
                      Need to clarify that I only sold off the parts I collected and designed to run the Duratec30 and T-5 which I had no use for since deciding to go V8. The project is not and will not die. I still stick by that. A TON has happened in life and with the shop since this all started, but everything that I accumulated that still pertains to the build as it's intended is in my possession. It all comes down to funds at this point and with a wedding and house to pay for in the near future, a 10K drivetrain needs to wait. In the mean time I've been working a lot on my red SVT and I'll try to get some things posted on CEG regarding what's all going on with me and the shop.

I've been posting the majority of my work to the shop's FB and Instagram accounts, but I do think it's time to bring a lot of that content back to CEG, or at least share it here in addition. I've been too absent for too long, and for those that looked forward to my contributions, I apologize.

Hope this clear things up.
                      99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
                      00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
                      Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• Wonderful
                        2000 CSVT red and tan #1011

Comment

• Josh, thanks for the heads up via email to check in here. I've run into my first hurdle. I brought home a SN95 T5 and went to bolt it up and the bearing retainer hits the Duratec bellhousing and won't let me bolt it together. I went back through this thread and see how you chucked in the lathe. That's an option but it appears there are a lot of different style bearing retainers and I may be able to use a different one that doesn't have the step in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pole120 View Post

Need to clarify that I only sold off the parts I collected and designed to run the Duratec30 and T-5 which I had no use for since deciding to go V8. The project is not and will not die. I still stick by that. A TON has happened in life and with the shop since this all started, but everything that I accumulated that still pertains to the build as it's intended is in my possession. It all comes down to funds at this point and with a wedding and house to pay for in the near future, a 10K drivetrain needs to wait. In the mean time I've been working a lot on my red SVT and I'll try to get some things posted on CEG regarding what's all going on with me and the shop.

I've been posting the majority of my work to the shop's FB and Instagram accounts, but I do think it's time to bring a lot of that content back to CEG, or at least share it here in addition. I've been too absent for too long, and for those that looked forward to my contributions, I apologize.

Hope this clear things up.
                            Fantastic:-). So happy to read this. Thx for the clarification man
                            Julian
                            98.5 csvt #6226 of 6535
                            Rally Inspired 3L turbo'd monsTOUR
                            Modifications??? well...lets just say this ain'tcha grandma's contour :D

Comment

Working...
                            X