• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RWD CSVT: PRT's CDW-27 RWD conversion build thread.

cool, so what is the overall plan? Recreate a euro design awd Contour? Or turn the motor horizontal?

Different more old school chassis, a Pinto.
Not hating on your build man, as i'm sure it'll come out well. I only wish this was gonna be going into a contour(as seen by my post on page 1 of this thread). We old farts saw josh(PRT) begin & make progress on this project, and also heard him swear by heaven & earth that nuthn was gonna derail this. I understand life happens. It just saddens me that this will not be going into a tour is all....

Not hating on your build man, as i'm sure it'll come out well. I only wish this was gonna be going into a contour(as seen by my post on page 1 of this thread). We old farts saw josh(PRT) begin & make progress on this project, and also heard him swear by heaven & earth that nuthn was gonna derail this. I understand life happens. It just saddens me that this will not be going into a tour is all....

Agree, hell I'd even be willing donate an svt shell if I knew it would help.

Need to clarify that I only sold off the parts I collected and designed to run the Duratec30 and T-5 which I had no use for since deciding to go V8. The project is not and will not die. I still stick by that. A TON has happened in life and with the shop since this all started, but everything that I accumulated that still pertains to the build as it's intended is in my possession. It all comes down to funds at this point and with a wedding and house to pay for in the near future, a 10K drivetrain needs to wait. In the mean time I've been working a lot on my red SVT and I'll try to get some things posted on CEG regarding what's all going on with me and the shop.

I've been posting the majority of my work to the shop's FB and Instagram accounts, but I do think it's time to bring a lot of that content back to CEG, or at least share it here in addition. I've been too absent for too long, and for those that looked forward to my contributions, I apologize.

Hope this clear things up.

Josh, thanks for the heads up via email to check in here. I've run into my first hurdle. I brought home a SN95 T5 and went to bolt it up and the bearing retainer hits the Duratec bellhousing and won't let me bolt it together. I went back through this thread and see how you chucked in the lathe. That's an option but it appears there are a lot of different style bearing retainers and I may be able to use a different one that doesn't have the step in it.

Need to clarify that I only sold off the parts I collected and designed to run the Duratec30 and T-5 which I had no use for since deciding to go V8. The project is not and will not die. I still stick by that. A TON has happened in life and with the shop since this all started, but everything that I accumulated that still pertains to the build as it's intended is in my possession. It all comes down to funds at this point and with a wedding and house to pay for in the near future, a 10K drivetrain needs to wait. In the mean time I've been working a lot on my red SVT and I'll try to get some things posted on CEG regarding what's all going on with me and the shop.

I've been posting the majority of my work to the shop's FB and Instagram accounts, but I do think it's time to bring a lot of that content back to CEG, or at least share it here in addition. I've been too absent for too long, and for those that looked forward to my contributions, I apologize.

Hope this clear things up.
Fantastic:). So happy to read this. Thx for the clarification man

Good to hear buddy!! I have supported you since before I met you at Nelson Ledges in 2011. You have helped me numerous times since then. And it's been good throwing ideas back and forth with ya. Glad you're not giving up on the build!

Good to hear buddy!! I have supported you since before I met you at Nelson Ledges in 2011. You have helped me numerous times since then. And it's been good throwing ideas back and forth with ya. Glad you're not giving up on the build!

Back