• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1914 got a new stance!

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Finally got my D2 coil overs. I've been playing with it the past 2 days, and I'm still not happy with where it's at, but I'm getting closer.

Here is how I had it set up the night I put them on.

And here she is after tonight. dropped the front almost an extra inch, and the rear about half an inch. Still want to go a little lower in the back yet though.

And here she is with the Eibachs that I used to have on it.

keep it there... lower= slower... my downpipe scratches everything in the ground even the ground itself on little bumps.

My suggestion is to keep a little rake like in picture 1. As they get lower the more they look like they have ass-sag when leveled out. Measure wheel to fender instead of ground to fender.

It looks good closer to the ground though. Keep it up!

I love my D2's, but they took a long time DDing the car (I'd say about 6 months) to settle, and ended up being a decent amount lower than what they were set at, mostly in the rear. Also, watch the negative camber in the front, for a while I was eating through the inside edge of tires in ~1500 miles. Thankfully I have Stangkillers and a trusted mechanic friend of mine was able to bend them slightly with a hydraulic ram to get me back in spec, doesn't wear at all now and still handles incredibly well.

Thanks guys.

John, don't be jealous.

As for the camber, it doesn't seem too far off. Interested to see it on an alignment rack to see how far off it is. I just had it aligned 2 weeks before getting the D2s though, so I don't see a need to really have it checked again.

Back