Replacing Front Suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Front Suspension

I finally finished the "how-to" on my experiences replacing the front suspension components.

http://gionpeters.com/car-how-to.pdf

Let me know if you spot any mistakes.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Tom - I did a quick "first glance" and this is one fine document!!! Are you a Tech Writer by trade? To answer a question you have - "18mm open face angle wrench (what’s the real name)" - Off-Set Wrench. Google search will reveal images of the various variations of these wrenches.

Comment

Me a tech writer ? I havnt even ranked to "shade-tree jackass". : ) I tried to be as detail oriented as possible, but now I realize I should of taken more pictures. I probably didn't because I spent so much time cursing the vehicle.

"Off-set wrench". In hindsight that seems kind of obvious.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Comment

I scanned through It quick. It looks to be well written and a great learning tool for new members or learning do it yourselfers. One tool I picked up that makes things easy for the top nut removal and install is the Pass through socket sets. I have a small craftsman set but you can get a set from Harbor Freight for less than $20 with coupons, Like THIS.
        Save big on this 21 Piece SAE/Metric Go-Thru Socket Set at Harbor Freight Tools, the home of quality tools at discount prices since 1968.
        '01 F150 Supercrew-Magnaflow Exhaust, Airmax intake, 33" Terra grapplers
        '98 Satin black CSVT #3107- Portmatched 3L, Quaife lsd and more SOLD 10/28/12
        99 Tgreen/Tan CSVT Ported 3L, Koni/GC's, and more to come.

Comment

I am especially fond of the "don't do this" section. I feel sorry for anyone who lives in the rust belt who has to take the top nut off the strut. I can't see doing that with hand tools.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Comment

For the driver's side LCA removal/replace, all I had to do is Dremel the bolt head off and then install a new one, upside-down since the nut fits between the subframe and the trans!
            '99 Contour SVT (Black/tan) 2.5L Duratec
            #308 of 2760
            K&N, Borla exhaust
            92K miles

Comment

You are the man! Thank you for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1998 SVT CONTOUR T-RED #229 55,000
              2003 Chevy S10 4 door 4x4 51,000 miles
              2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Triple Yellow 1,800 miles

Comment

This goes back ways, but while I thought about installing the bolt, head under the frame, if the nut were to come loose, the bolt would drop out and you would be screwed. Paranoia on my part.

Mad Dog

Comment

Working...
                X