• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTB Rear Sub Frame

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
My rear sway bar bracket broke, would like to buy another rear sub frame in good condition or one that has been modified with a better/stronger mount.

Let me know what you have. I am in Central Illinois for a few more weeks then on the San Diego, CA for 6 months.

I know I can get it fixed locally but have zero time. It would be easier for me to swap one out than find someone to fix this.

If you want to go the new route, there are still OEM Contour rear subs on eBay, search F5RZ5035B. Should be easier to reinforce and weld on something that isn't already a rust bucket.

Good idea gmorrell, while I am at it I think I will get a BAT sway bar kit.

Tasca Ford who also is a big time drag racer has it on their site for $184 brand new.

Good idea gmorrell, while I am at it I think I will get a BAT sway bar kit.

Tasca Ford who also is a big time drag racer has it on their site for $184 brand new.

Wow, nice find at Tasca. Tasca's listing on eBay is $221 shipped, that's a wash to my zip code, which would be a bit over $221 with shipping from Tasca directly. My 99 SVT is virtually corrosion free after 17 years in Colorado, with the exception of the rear subframe, which has significant rust, and my rear anti-roll bar mounts broke some years ago, but I removed the bar after going to coil overs with 300 pound/inch springs, which is 3X the factory spring rate. At that price, maybe I'll replace my rear subframe.

I don't know what Ford did with the later subframes to reinforce the anti-roll bar mounts, if anything, and with the stiffer BAT anti-roll bar, you will want to get out your welder and strengthen the bar mounts, as they're known weak points.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back