• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale or Trade High Flow Cat for '99 CSVT- less than 20,000 miles $50

rk2k2

CEG'er
I don't really know what I got here other than it was the high flow cat I bought for my '99 CSVT (it's the bottom unit, top is a muffler for a Miata). Installed at around 30,000 miles, then removed around 50,000 miles cuz California changed the law to require all aftermarket cats to have a EO tag on the cat (something like that). Anyway, my smog guy instantly knew it was illegal due to the 2 inlet pipes to the cat. (seems to me, that was to eliminate the need for the Y pipe?). I don't know, I just can't remember! Maybe it's rare and worth a mint?

Price is $50 pickup, shipped an additional $20 PLUS the cost of shipping,

I'm in Cool, CA which is in the Sierra Foothills about 45 miles from Sacramento

ConHighFlowCat.JPG

I'll take it if you're willing to box and ship it to 80919, and keep the whole mess at around $100?
$50 +$20 to pack it (Use a UPS Store if you like...), and $30 ought to cover UPS Ground, if it's more, I'll cover it.
Am hoping that the cat substrate is tight, no rattles or breakage?
Thanks.
PM sent

FWIW, this item has been sold and shipped, I'm expecting it Friday Sept 7.
David (user rk2k2) is a great guy to deal with and I'm glad to have gotten to know him.

ugh I needed that ypipe

Sorry you missed it, I'd wanted one for a long time as well, and never pulled the trigger when they were readily available from SHOShop and BATinc. We don't have any emissions testing or inspections here in Colorado Springs, so unless dot-gov things change, I can run it with impunity.
Seat of the pants is that this Y-pipe frees up the engine breathing at higher RPM's, it feels like it revs more freely and quickly, acceleration seems brisker.
It also doesn't hurt that it's 10.5 pounds lighter than the factory Y-pipe assembly.
It does take awhile to get it all aligned, tight up to the underside, and tightened up, and messing with exhaust bolts that hadn't been disturbed in 19 years was no treat. Many years ago I put Stainless nuts on the manifold exhaust studs, and replaced the spring bolts at the ball and socket flex with stainless, that saved my bacon in three places, but the bolts at the two-bolt flange behind the OEM cat had to be cut off with a wheel.

That 2 into 1 set up by itself felt like as much jolt - subjectively - as the headers when I'd added those later. And for those who already have headers, and next go with this eliminate the Y set up, and then get a good dyno tune? It's rock n roll time.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back