• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1999 CSVT Silver Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasty1

CEG'er
Asking: $2,500 FIRM - no trades

For sale is my pride and joy. #0259 a 1999 CSVT SilFro. I recently moved into San Francisco and no longer have the need for a daily driver. I'm looking to sell the car to someone that will appreciate it.

A little about it. This is an E1 with ~148,000 miles on the chassis. It has a 3L swap was done by Reebs in Detroit and has ~45,000 miles on it, ~15,000 of which were on this chassis. The engine has been treated to regular Mobil1 oil changes and is still pulling strong. The transmission was complete by Terry Haines at the same time the swap was done.

I had the car repainted in 2015 the factory Silver Frost color. The cost of this alone is more than my asking price. All glass was removed. The antenna was shaved, and new roof moldings were added.

MODS
  • Escape 3L
  • MSDS Headers
  • Magnaflow Cat Back
  • Torsen Differential
  • Fidanza Flywheel
  • Spec Clutch (Ford Throwout Bearing)
  • Short shifter (unkown type - purchased the car with it installed)
  • BAT Suspension
  • Baer Front Brake Kit
  • 18" OZ Suppraleggras
  • Hankook Ventus V12 Tires
  • Pre-98 Sails
  • Mystique Tail (lights and reflector)
REPLACED PARTS
  • UIM re-powder coated black
  • New headliner
  • New carpet (black)
  • New headlights (aftermarket)
  • New Foglights (aftermarket)
  • Blaupunkt head unit
  • Cougar steering wheel
A few things to be aware of.

When I had the mirko installed, I clipped a metal construction plate. This destroyed the mirko and left a mark on the front bumper which can be seen in the pictures. The upper portion of the bumper is also spidered. Depending on how you are using the car, you may want to look at a bumper respray to make it perfect.

The sunroof gear is not functional. The dashboard is in great shape, but the surround piece that goes around the headlight controls is detached.

The car was flagged for a STAR inspection here in California. Because of the headers, the car fails visual fairly quickly. I tried recently to get it to pass, and the inspector turned it away in the first 10 minutes. My asking price is low because the headers will need to be returned to stock to pass, or the car will need to be an off road track toy.

If you are not in California, I've priced it low enough where buying sight unseen based on my CEG rep and having the car shipped is well within reason.

luOOfOc.jpg

lmaS1Tv.jpg

UZMheaY.jpg

hCQRWVF.jpg

3VyCrh2.jpg

xUX2kcX.jpg

gZJZrMH.jpg

2wEMtak.jpg

uxx0pVH.jpg

Confirmed sale pending to Klasky24. I have given him until Wednesday, before I move on to the next interested buyer. Car will likely be sold on Sunday as he points out. I will confirm in the thread here when the transaction is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back