• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parting Out 98 Mystique Mercury 2.0 parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
1998 Mercury Mystique, ATX, 166K, 4 cylinder, 2.0 zetec blacktop.

ALL PARTS YOU PAY SHIPPING!!!

I AM KEEPING THE SVT CONTOUR WHEELS SO IF U WANT THE WHOLE CAR U WILL NEED TO BRING RIMS/TIRES TO PUT ON IT. OR A FLATBED.

What else can I say, I have swapped and fixed almost every sensor/fluid on the car and it just keeps killing me. I'm done with it and moving on to something else.. Don't fret i'll NEVER EVER EVER sell my SVT.. but this daily beater has ran it's course.. MUCH further mind you than I ever expected, it has banged shifted 1-2 since I have owned it..

I bought it with 142k on it..again. replaced. Thermostat,full tune up, water pump, timing belt, rims/tires(it's on SVT wheels) front brakes, calipers, rotors, K&N air filter, Accel Coil, BRAND NEW EXHAUST from the manifold back, Car runs on Mobil 1 Full synthetic, trans flushed, multiple things interior wise fixed/replaced, the car has had the bags go off in a minor hit but has been resprayed, most people have no clue it was ever hit. Basically I have taken extremely good care of this car since I have owned it. there is much more stupid stuff I am forgetting, like Input/output sensor's on trans, Neutral safety switch(range sensor), new cabin air filter, windshield treated with rain-x, new valve cover gasket(done at time of water pump) AC deleted, new Serpentine belt. the car's battery is only a couple years old. it fires right up, zero issues, ZERO check engine lights, The air-bag light flashes. i can go on.. e.t.c

The car has the pre-98 dash..if this matters to anyone. it is grey

I have paperwork to back up 90% of the work done, Rather it was done by yours truly or a certified shop. Im trying to be upfront and honest, about anything done to the car or known problems.

The problem right now is the both lower control arms are shot, and the drivers side front spring is broken..bcuz of all this it snapped 2 wheel studs on the passenger front tire..:( so NO you cannot drive it.

With it having 166k im NOT putting like 800$ into it.. i just cant anymore..I paid 800$ for it when I got it.. I put a good like 3000k in it since then It only left me stranded 1 time and it was from it popping the rear hard brake line (yes i have it fixed)..seriously.

The car will go to the scrap yard, it is starting to rot out on the passenger side rocker panel., the rest of the car is good honestly, it runs like a champ, it does leak oil and trans fluid. but the heat is nice and toasty and it is a tank in the snow.. Im sad to get rid of it but again I can't keep throwing money at it.. with there reputation for exploding these ATX's in 30kmiles. it doesn't make sense to put 800$ into a 800$ car...with this kind of mileage..

If it was a fulled loaded (v6, leather, etc) I'd think about it.

All prices are OBO im scrapping the car I just want SOME money back..feel me. be honest and I'll work with you.

I have brand new headlight buckets both sides in like new condition!! - 75$ EACH obo. will include bulbs for free.
i have the fog light brackets for the front bumper.. and the lenses themselves but they are cracked. 30$ for the pair of brackets
I have the lower valance insert that fits the fog lights.. its needed to put them in properly. 10$ obo
K&N drop in filter for Zetec 2.0, - 20$ adds a nice growl..
Accel Coil - 35$
Range sensor - 15$
I can pull most parts but I won't pull out like the wiring harness or something major like engine/trans.. u want that come and get it...u can buy the whole freaking car.
Really just shoot me offers on anything stupid you may want.. Like if u want a seat-belt or something like that.
It has the cloth grey interior, which is actually in really good shape for its age..

I won't have this for very long, It is located in 18067, PA. just outside Allentown in the Lehigh ValLey.

Do you have the drum brake system, particularly the 9 inch version. I need the adjusters with the spring on the adjuster itself. Mine keep overtensioning the rear brakes, especially the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back