• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 T-Red CSVT--Nice Original Driver Grade Car, 119K, $1800 Located in MT

toolbox

CEG'er
Hey guys--decided I need to downsize my fleet...I've got five cars and two motorcycles, and I just don't have time to enjoy or maintain them all, so some of them are going to go to a good home where someone will appreciate and enjoy them. I bought my SVT as a fun summer car, but haven't driven it since I got my Shadow, so I decided to sell. I'm the second owner, and I bought it three (or was it four?) years ago. It was a DD for the original owner for a while, and it shows some of the minor wear that comes with that. I only drove it as a summer car, and never in winter--you need a 4x4 truck just to get into my driveway, so I couldn't even if I wanted to lol. They sand roads here instead of salting them, so even if the PO did, it's not really an issue. Only 119K on it :).

Engine runs great...I dismantled the upper intake when I got it, and completely cleaned everything out. Also installed a small oil separator at that time to keep it from getting all gooped up again. Also replaced the water pump and thermostat at that time as a preventative measure. Also replaced the IMRC, and did a general tuneup with new plugs, air filter, etc. The rear sway bar links were also replaced. The drivers door has had the little plastic clip replaced so it opens like new now.

Has an older Alpine CD player, and a decent set of Pioneer 6x8s up front. AC is cold, heater blows hot. Power sunroof, seat, and all the windows work fine. Cruise works fine. Gearbox shifts smoothly. Clutch is original as far as I know.

Paint is pretty nice, but has some blems as you'd expect. Front bumper has a ding on the right side, and the hood clear coat will eventually need work. it's a nice looking car, and you're not likely to notice the imperfections unless you're looking for them. Has all the jack point covers.
Interior is nice, with some of the wear you'd expect from a former DD. Leather is nice, and the seats are actually pretty nice except for one of the seams on the upper drivers side seat is pulling apart a bit.

Anyway, it's a nice original, adult owned car. I'd call it "driver grade"...it runs and drives great, but has obviously been used. it's not a mint survivor, but a good solid car that would make a nice driver or a really nice start for a build or restoration. I'd really like to see it go to someone who knows what it is, and can appreciate it for that, which is why I'm posting it here. Attached some glam shots of it...if you want detail pics of the paint issues or anything just drop me a line. Asking $2000, located near Missoula, MT. If you arrange shipping, I'd be happy to drop it off. Feel free to ask questions...
Cheers,
Scott

Attachments

• photo17721.jpg
    photo17721.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17722.jpg
    photo17722.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17724.jpg
    photo17724.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17726.jpg
    photo17726.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo17727.jpg
    photo17727.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 0

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back