• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998.5 SVT Contour

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackstang5.0

CEG'er
Testing the waters for interest, might be getting something different in the not too distant future so seeing if anyone bites. Car has been reliable to me for the past 6 years ive owned it with a couple hiccups but nothing uncommon for a daily driver. Otherwise its been a lot of fixing of wear and tear parts common for this cars age and mileage.

Miles: 165,000 give or take (the stock odometer broke when i bought the car, still have it and will give to the new owner so mileage can be verified. The new odometer started at 41,000 and is currently at 79,000. Old odometer was 104,000)

Mods:
2003 sable 3L motor installed by 3Lduratec.com
Torsen diff
upgraded shift forks
Replacement OEM SVT clutch (about 8,000 miles on it now)
Casey tune (180fwhp on hitech dyno)
MSDS ceramic headers
custom cold air intake made by 3Lduratec.com
04 focus svt wheels

Replaced parts:
front control arms - done last February
CV shafts replaced - driver side 2 years ago, passenger last November
intermediate shaft replaced - last November
passenger wheel bearing - last October
front brakes (rotors pads) - last may
SVT shocks and struts - 2 years old, stock svt replacement.

The bad:
Paint is in fair condition. Roof has spider cracks that are starting to rust. Misc. scratches and dents normal to any daily driver.
Driver side wheel bearing needs to be replaced
Airbag system has a code to replace the computer modual
Driver side airbag tabs broke off on one side, so airbag needs to be replaced.
The aftermarket Bat Inc ypipe's flex pipe portion is starting to fail. Just need to weld in a new flex pipe.

So given the overall condition mechanically with the car, i feel that asking $3000 seems fair. The paint I personally feel is the only real issue, the car drives great and usually get 260 miles to 12 gallons of gas.

Car is located in Minneapolis MN.

contour1.jpg

contour2.jpg

contour3.jpg

It is, but the hood was already sold to someone else so a stocker was put back on. The carbon fiber hood was in rough shape as the clear coat was flaking off so it was in poor shape.

img0236ci.jpg

img0235kf.jpg

Happend this winter and started to flake off in the spring.
img0230j.jpg

Spider cracking on roof, surface rush starting to show and nothing deep.
img0229to.jpg

Ill try to get better interior pics tomorrow in the daylight. Forgot to get the rears but needless to say the interior is very well maintained.

Engine have about 90-100k on it (this is a rough approximation since the 3L motor mileage was rounded off and also the original gauge cluster being changed, i have the original to show what the milage was when it was removed). Underbody has no visible rust to speak of. Its really just the painted surfaces that are showing the issues.

I have to talk to the wife........

Well the car is still available if you want it. Have a new driver side airbag on the way and should have the wheel bearing and airbag fixed by next week. Or if whoever buys the car wishes to install the parts themselves i can just include the parts with the car.

Thought the wife said no more tours ;)

She did...but I don't care what she thinks!!! That means she gets the BMW, and I don't think she will turn that down. LOL. I have my ways, oh yes...I have my ways. Her b-day is on monday, guess I have to be nice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back