• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL subframe connectors GB

I'm down to put down a deposit if we can get away with a smaller group buy and will for sure have a batch made.

(Untitled)

So I'm unable to get in to the site or PM's...but somehow my out of date taptalk app still let's me post.

I'm stepping out on this one. Was waiting too long, and now I have new priorities this spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

ill be order the steel in the next couple of days. we'll be making them 100% for sure. those who dont get in on the GB can buy them later for more if i gotta make them and store them. these arent exactly small lol

my buddy john who does the welding is having a major surgery in may so we will definitely have everything done by then. right now its super windy which doesnt work but he should be able to weld in a couple of weeks and then start shipping more out.

also, we will likely only offer to weld on end caps during the GB. too much of a hassle to go back and do it later.

i believe what you are referring to is the strengthening of the tab that the sway bar mounts to and easily breaks off even with stock parts.

Yes, I believe so. I just remember reading that the subframes were a weak spot. Sounds like this is completely separate, and maybe more about improving rigidity of the chassis than keeping part of the chassis from failing. Am I on the right track?

Yes, I believe so. I just remember reading that the subframes were a weak spot. Sounds like this is completely separate, and maybe more about improving rigidity of the chassis than keeping part of the chassis from failing. Am I on the right track?

correct.

and you definitely want to address that subframe issue. i got one way back when ATI did the group buy for boxed in ones but not sure if that's an option any more. pretty simple modification though for a basic welder and the subframe is easy to remove/install

hey all, just an update. i plan to order the materials this week. i was going to last week but rain was in the forecast and it rained really good a few days ago. the steel will be sitting in my backyard till he's ready to weld it up, so the last thing we want is for them to be rained on and start getting surface rust. im hoping he can weld them next weekend. the plan is to do them all in one weekend.

Do you have an idea of when you think they would ship out once made? i will try to send payment tonight.... What do we need to include in the paypal?

the steel is going to be delivered tomorrow. if its not windy, john will weld them on saturday. as many as he has time to do. im sure a few sets at least.

some could start shipping out next week already

Do you have an idea of when you think they would ship out once made? i will try to send payment tonight.... What do we need to include in the paypal?

depends on your spot on the list and how many get done this weekend. and if you want any options or not.

in the paypal payment, put in the notes: 1. what you are paying for 2. any options? 3. your CEG username

we're making 20 sets total. ill do the GB pricing through the end of May. after that, they go up to the new regular price. if i have to put $ into the materials, paying john to weld them, and then store them, im going to have to charge a little more for it. i have to keep them indoors too so they dont get all rusty

Back