• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

I'm getting quite a few quotes out there for you guys right now for the sale. This is a good time to get some stuff done because you might have your car parked for the winter...... thanks guys.

Silver vein powder coat on a SVT UIM:
9-16-10004.jpg

9-16-10009.jpg

9-16-10003.jpg

Hey thats mine! Honestly when i got the uim back from you and put it on my new 3L i couldn't have been happier with my color choice.. i should try to take some good pics of it installed and post here shouldn't I?

PS blu_fuz ROCKS!!! for real though, joe really helped me out with this UIM, since i was on a deadline, he just swapped my original UIM for another one he had so while mine was shipping, he was PC'ing the UIM he sent me!! thats awsomeness to the extreme!

thanks Joe, and i'm sure i speak for several others when i say i will be back for business.

thanks, Mac

No problem MAC!

Yeah, you can post pics of it installed for sure - the silver vein looks great on that UIM. It's too bad we had to overnight it back to you for the install, but it was worth it.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you were the raffle winner for SZ.

Broke down my snowblower shoot and coated it with gloss black. The snow was getting caught up in there and hopefully this helps keep it from doing that:

11-18-10001.jpg

11-18-10002.jpg

Coated 3 mags with silver vein and another 4 mags with silver polyester:

11-18-10005.jpg

11-18-10008.jpg

11-18-10009.jpg

Also put some silver polyester on a sub-compact slide (top piece on the gun). Turned out really good:

11-18-10012.jpg

11-18-10017.jpg

11-18-10021.jpg

It does look nice...

Um, not sure what makes it polyester - It is pretty close to the sheen of the chrome powder if you put it on a smooth surface, but sometimes it looks almost like a satin chrome / satin silver like in the pictures above. No metal flake in it either. It lays out much better than the chrome powder does and isn't so sensitive to imperfections.

I cant wait to get my parts back as I have ordered Tred with silver flake and silver polyester parts.

In the thread you mention taking bearings out of parts we send, does that include TB bearings? I'm not even sure about how to get them out of there. Was that just for cup and cone bearings?

Actually - good question. You can leave the bearings in the throttle body. I don't remove them and they don't leak the oil/grease out when I bake the parts. They are safe just leaving them in.

Joe, what would it cost to paint a front grill oval. I stripped like all the chrome off and I tried to rattle can it but it didn't come out right. I know I'd have to ship it to you and you ship it back so I don't know if it would be worth it or not, lemme know what you think....

If you have the chrome off already, I think we could shoot it for $25 but you might have to wait until we paint black again..... That price would include return shipping.

Ok, that sounds good. I haven't checked around locally but I'm sure that's cheaper than anyone here would do it. Anyways, hit me up when you're spraying black again and we can discuss it in more detail

Grrr...I accidentally blogged this, damn iphone

You have parts and money good-sir.

BTW, I'm in no hurry, but just so I know how long I have to get off my ass and finish up my part of the work, how big is your current backup with the christmas sale and all?

Hey Stewart! - I got your box yesterday and will hopefully start blasting on the parts today. I just got finished on some parts for Skywalker and I have about 3 boxes of parts for another member.

Yours is #1 priority right now, but with the holiday now I hope to have these finished by the first of the year.

:D - I hear ya! I wish you guys all lived next door too because we could barter things like mowing the lawn for some powder coating :laugh:.

It would be a great trade - the only problem is you can't live without your car for more than a week during the summer! If you had your parts off and brought them over to me I would do them :D

Back